Help, I need advice

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Help, I need advice

Postby burghowitz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:06 am

I just inherited a teardrop that needs work in Atlanta, GA.

The owner gave it to me after a roll over accident. There is some light damage to the front left but the back will require reconstruction. The galley cannot close, there is separation of a portion of the roof and wall, the galley is in pieces.

I need someone who is familiar with the building of a teardrop to look at it and suggest how bad the damage really is. Do I need to fix the damage or dismantle and start over? Starting over might be easier from what I can tell.

Please write with suggestions.

[email protected]
burghowitz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chip » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:49 am

Burg,, its hard to actually tell but if its any where close to what you have described,, and I visualize, then tear it down and rebuild. You might have a lot of things that can be reused and salvaged. You run the risk of having a structural failure going down the road if ya just re-work what ya got. Front damage, roof seperation, hatch not closeable, sounds like some pretty major damage going on,,,

just my opinion but rebuild

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Thanks, that is what I believe as well

Postby burghowitz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:12 am

Do you know anyone who could take a look and give a little advice?
burghowitz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:13 am

Some pictures would help..... but a tear that has been significantly damaged is tough to fix because of the way they are constructed..... kind like a monoque race car... everything becomes one piece...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 am

Welcome Burg...some pics and a better indication of where it and you ar at could help us abunch to help you
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:41 am

Burg I am in Greenville SC but I am not planning a trip to Hotlanta anytime soon,, if ya coming thru this way with it Ill be glad to give ya an opinion

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby burghowitz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:20 pm

I will be glad to post pictures as soon as I can. I live near I-75 and Northside Drive just North of Downtown Atlanta. If I take the TD anywhere, it needs to go where I can do some work on it.
burghowitz
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Southeast