TEARJERKERS *North Meets South Rally 2006*

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

TEARJERKERS *North Meets South Rally 2006*

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:38 am

This Tearjerkers gathering is designed to bring as many of the chapters together in a central location. The North Meets South website has been designed just for this event. Make your reservations ASAP and Please don't wait until the last minute. We have a large area blocked out, this way we will all be together.

August 3-6, 2006 Max Meadows, VA

"The North and South TearJerkers will rally at Fort Chiswell RV Campground, centrally located at the I-77 and I-81 interchange. Plan now to attend the LARGEST Teardrop gathering on the East Coast! Sponsored by TearJerkers, Liberty Bell & Southern Appalachian Chapters. At least 6 TearJerkers' Chapters will be represented in all.
You Need Not be a Member of TearJerkers, or even own a Teardrop trailer yet, to attend. All are welcome!
http://www.geocities.com/len19070/North ... South.html

If you have any questions, just ask away.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker's Chapter Director
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby anonymous2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I have been to Len's website,and camp web site,and no mention of what sites are being blocked for us. Would like to know if primative camping in a field,or using a camp site. That way we can plan what to bring ,as far as shelters,extra water,lights,etc. We are planning on being there,just need some more info to make reservations. Thanks,

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby Arne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:24 pm

It will be August, is there electicity for a/c?... I'm back.. says 80 sites, most with 50 amp service...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Chip » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:53 pm

Bill,, in talking with Ross Wade,,, the campground has blocked off 1-27 for our use and we can have access to 28-40 if a huge crowd shows up,,, also from what I understand the sites are a first come first pick situation,, as sites may not be pre-assigned,,

this info might be all wrong so it would be best to hear it from Len or Ross,,, they do have elect and water,,,

Happy New Year
Chipper :thumbsup:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Dennis T » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 pm

Just to add a little to the fire :lol: It says that NO Ground Fires are allowed :QM Do we have to keep our coals off the ground and on something :QM It also says the is cable TV at all the sites. Is this true :QM Just a few questions from this yankee.

Dennis T
:wine:
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:06 am

All right, let's see if I can anwser all these here questions. Chip is right on all counts.
If you look at the SITE MAP you will see sites 1-27 and as overflow if we need them, sites 28-40. If for some strange reason we need more space, we can even double up on sites and put the tow vehicles in a gravel parking lot in front of our sites.

Sites 1-27 have water, 30/50 amp service, as well as cable TV connections. Sites 28-40 have water, only 30 amp service and cable connections.

Tis true about NO CAMPFIRES. The owner doesn't like the mess generallyleft behind by campers, HOWEVER, he has allowed us to have a communal campfire. It is going to be the first part of August, after all. Preparing coals for the dutch ovens is alright, as long as it is done on the gravel driveways.

They have the CLEANEST bath house we have ever seen, heated swimming pool, playground, arcade, camp store, fishin' hole and 2 picnic shelters (the large one beside the bath house is the shelter we will use).

Sorry, no permanent roots.......you must bring your
own :lol: :beer: :wine:

This should cover the questions for now, if you have more.....fire away....
Ross
Southern Appalachian Director
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Arne » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:36 am

Ross, nice site map, that helps a lot...... are you going to keep a "site reserved" section someplace so we know what sites are open?

Or did you already mention that and I missed it....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:17 am

Len and I haven't crossed that bridge yet. In other words, NO site numbers will be given out at this time. The sites will be assigned at the time of your arrival. We are not sure at this time....whether to have CHAPTER (area) GROUPING or not. The reason for the word AREA is, this gathering is open to everyone. You do not have to be a member of Tearjerkers to attend.
Any comments on the Chapter Grouping idea :thumbsup: :thinking: :thumbdown: :QM

Hope this helps,
Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby anonymous2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi All,

Ok, do we call to reserve a site,or just show up? Do we reserve & pay,or pay when we show up? Is the New river open water or a rocky creek? Expensive kayaks hate rocks !. Inquiring minds want to know.Thanks,

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby cracker39 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:14 pm

pateardropper wrote:Hi All,

Ok, do we call to reserve a site,or just show up? Do we reserve & pay,or pay when we show up? Is the New river open water or a rocky creek? Expensive kayaks hate rocks !. Inquiring minds want to know.Thanks,

pateardropper

Same questions for me too. I haven't started my build yet, and won't know until we have tried it out if my wife will be up to traveling that distance to camp, especially in the hottest month of the year. I don't want to commit to paying when I'm not sure we can go. (Wytheville isn't exactly in the mountains, and it can get quite warm there in the summer. )
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:44 pm

I suggest we mix and mingle the chapters, groups and geographic regions,,, We all will meet a bunch of new friends on this trip so we as T&TTT campers and tearjerkers, rebs and yanks,,, we are all gonna be one large group of campers,,,

Just a thought,,,,

Ill try to keep my coon hounds quiet, the still cooking and Ma in da kitchen,,,See y'all in dem dar hills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

chipper :lol:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby toypusher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:41 pm

Chip wrote:.....coon hounds...........

??????????? Are they pink, with long legs, and wangs??? :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby critter » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:48 pm

hey all,
i with you chip i may have to make a run through the camp ground
whuddya think. :?
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:12 pm

Pateardropper and everyone else, you will need to call the campground or make your reservations through their website. Also, you need to fill out the registration form on the North Meets South WEBSITE .

This is from the website and the reason for the need of the registration form. It lets us know who is attending and from where. There will also be a luncheon on Friday, tee shirt, awards for the Saturday Night Dinner.

The rally will begin on Thursday, August 3, with the arrival of the early tears and run through Sunday, August 6. Plan to attend the Luncheon on Friday afternoon and our Pot Luck dinner and awards ceremony held on Saturday evening. Don't forget to send in your completed registration form and fees; this is in addition to the campground fees.

So what is the registration form and fees for? It tells us who is attending, since everyone gets a "TearJerkers North Meets South" T-shirt. It also helps defer the cost of the awards, the Friday luncheon, and other Rally related give-a-ways." Volunteers please contact your nearest director. And thank you.

I will check into the conditions of the New River for those of you and Wythville is in the Virgina Mountains, The temperatures normally run in the mid 60's to the mid 80's in August.

Chip, I am thinking that you are right about the setting up where you want to for everyone.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Steve Frederick » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:08 pm

We'll be making our reservation this week! Sounds like a great gathering!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Next

Return to Southeast