Out of time,,,

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Out of time,,,

Postby Chip » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:40 am

Well it has happened,, I have run out of time,,,so I have to take my own advise and not try to pack 10 lbs of taters in a 5lb sack,,,

I just have too many critical things left to do to get the trailer ready for Talbot get together so instead of messing something else up I am gonna have to cancel out on this trip,, I REALLY REALLY HATE to do this but sometimes it just dont work out,,

I have site 7 reserved, and am gonna cancell it shortley,,, If anybody is interested in it let me know soon and Ill be glad to work it out wid ya,,

ya'll have fun but I just cant make it happen,,, :cry: damn Roto-Zip

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby surveytech » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:57 am

Chip,
I am in the same boat. Would have loved to go but reality set in and just not far enough along on the tear.

Walter
Last edited by surveytech on Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
surveytech
Donating Member

Postby gailkaitschuck » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:37 am

We can't make it either and I've been green with envy reading up about all the plans for this outing. It conflicts with a bird fair in Aiken that I signed up for months ago.

We've already got reservations for Edisto in April so we hope to see everyone there.

Gail
Teardrop Momma
gailkaitschuck
*Pasta Mama

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Chipper,
Not a good reason buddy :( . You can just come on down with "The Purple Old Faithful" :lol: . I'll even keep the coffee hot and the pickle juice cold for you :twisted:
Linda
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Chip: Option One; Bring a tarp, Two; Bring Old Purple, Three; See options One and Two. Give me a call if I can help.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chip » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:06 am

I am really getting pressure from the pickle juice fans,, so dont count me out just yet,, I wont cancell till the last min then,, there may be a late night or three but I am gonna try,, got the hatch skinned, windows mounted, hatch hinge in place, and some other misc cutting drilling, glueing and cussing done,,,,,keep ya fingers crossed
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 am

Go Chip Go!!!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:46 am

Well, we start packing today.... Heading from New England to Patrick Springs, VA, then Stokesdale, NC, Charleston, Savannah, Little Talbot.

While at Little Talbot, will be looking for some ideas about where to go in FL for the next 2 weeks before heading to Gulfport, MS, where we will attend a Katrina downsized version of their Mardi Gras parade, then back to New England for (hopefully) some spring time weather...... Should be back home about March 5th..... All the state camp sites on the Keys are booked and they do not accept dogs.

I've done some rough calculations and gas will cost us $700.00 minimum..... back in the mid 70's, I drove around the perimeter of the USA, going 15,000 miles on a 3 month odyssey.... gas cost was $500.00, which was 1/2 of the total trip cost. I think Subway will be getting a lot of business from us. We plan on big breakfast (cheapest meal of the day)... haven't figured out dinner, yet..... cooking on the way to Little Talbot is not an option because of weather and lack of time.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:44 am

Chip: Get-r-done or I sic Wanda on ya. Arne: After Stokesdale what route are you taking to Charleston. I am 10 minutes straight line from I-95 at Hope Mills/Fayetteville if you care to stop by. for a few minutes or the night.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:13 am

I think we will be doing Charlotte, Columbia, Charleston...at least that is what mapquest tells us..... I do appreciate the offer very much, thank you.... but reality is we will just make it to Little Talbot for our Thursday reservation after a day in Charleston/Savannah.. always seems like we need another day or two no matter how well we think we are planning.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

OUT OF TIME

Postby JIML1943 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:33 am

arnereil

To bad you are pressed for time i would invite you to stop our place here in Lexington,NC. We live in a nice campground here on highrock lake just 6 1/2 miles off of I-85.My tear is in final trim stage.If you can find the time stop in we have plenty of spaces here this time of the year.

Happy camping and a safe trip Jim 8)
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:54 pm

Arnereil, wave at me as you blow through Savannah..if you see a van with PSG on the side..thats me..see ya at the campground..
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:16 pm

Well boys and girls, It looks like I might just make it and with a door on to boot,, DO NOT expect it to be finished,, long way from it,, but it I got holes big enough fer the racoons to get thru plugged up and hopefully weather resistant enough to ward off morning dew,,

The door is just plain pieced together and WILL be replaced when I get back,, but again its useable,,,

Plans are to be at talbot no later than noonish on friday,, maybe sooner,,

seeya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby WOLFPUPPY » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 pm

Chip
I am in the same boat, I think it will keep me dry and the critters out so I should be there around noon also with two doors and galley hatch if they don't blow off between here and there.

David
David
ImageImageImage
WOLFPUPPY
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Frank » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:06 pm

Chipper,

We're in there with you too, worked all day today trying to get the shore power and running lights, fell a little short. Will try again tomorrow. Did get the front box lid hinged, but no latch yet, got the running lights installed just not hooked up, got the hatch locking latch on but not the pull down ones, got the TV installed, but no AC to run it yet. :cry: Hey, the radio works though.

Hanging in there,

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Southeast