Roof vent with fan

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Roof vent with fan

Postby Graniterich » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:21 pm

So do to the weather getting hotter in the pnw, I finally installed a roof vent in my personal teardrop. My plan was to get a lower cost fan, add pulse width control board and I dpdt switch to reverse it (add $16). The fantastic fan I have put in customer teardrops were loud and way to fast. So I bought this one for $119 Maxxair 00A04401K Smoke Roof Top MaxxFan

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010D ... UTF8&psc=1

What a found interesting is that they use a circuit board to reduce speed. No giant resistor wasting power! As stock worked well. I did the mod anyway, I can slow to a crawl, no whine love it. The stock version is what I will recommend to future customers
Graniterich
Donating Member

Re: Roof vent with fan

Postby gudmund » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:00 pm

add their MaxxAir cover also - lets you have the vent open, even if it's raining - also lets you have the vent open when the trailer is winter stored. (also protects the -flimsy- vent lid from getting torn off if you happen to forget to close it when traveling down the road) 163113
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:08 pm

We have a Fantastic Fan housing (good one with aluminum lid) and I adapted two 180mm Antec three speed case fans with a DPDT switch so one or both fans can be used.
I79656
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Graniterich » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:02 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:We have a Fantastic Fan housing (good one with aluminum lid) and I adapted two 180mm Antec three speed case fans with a DPDT switch so one or both fans can be used.
I79656
Nice going, those computer fans sip power!
Graniterich
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion