Georgia built trailers

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Georgia built trailers

Postby rose090999 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Anybody have an opinion regarding any of the "Georgia built" trailers such as Diamond, Anvil, South Georgia Cargo Trailers, etc.....Looking to buy new and have some upgrades installed before doing a full conversion. Just concerned about quality or defects since the prices seem substantially lower than if I were to buy local.
rose090999
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Georgia built trailers

Postby nsfr1206 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:50 pm

I purchased a Spartan from Renown Cargo Trailers. I suppose if you want perfection you should plan to spend much more but it’s pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby nsfr1206 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:52 pm

If I was buying another I’d go back to them.

nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby rose090999 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. Not looking for perfection just a good, solid foundation to start from. I've looked around on the Renown trailers website as well as Plain ol' Trainlers. Not sure what the difference is between all of the different brands, if there even is one. Seems like they are all built in the same factory but with different labels put on before shipping. Did you have any options installed on your Spartan and if so, how was Renown to work with as far as getting the options installed how you wanted them?
rose090999
Teardrop Inspector

Postby flboy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 pm

I purchased a 6x12 Anvil Trailer in 2021 to build out and I am very happy with the construction. It was well built with the options I selected and they used 1.5 in by 1 inch studs which are very sturdy. Welds were all well done. The only thing I was disappointed with was the wiring for the lights. It is poorly done with quick connect connectors and etc. This is my 3rd trailer and 3rd different brand. They were all the same when it comes to poor wiring for lights. If you are going to build it out, remove the plywood and solder all wire connections as well as ensure grommets were used when wires pass through studs and that grounds are adeqautely secure to the frame with eye connectos and not just wire wrapped around screws. It is easy enough to do before adding insulation if you are going that route.

I live in Florida and picked up from the factory to eliminate the dealer markups. I did save some and it was custom in any case.

Don (Flboy)

YouTube Video of Finished 6x12 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/6_-8cVdWUIA
YouTube Video of 7*18 with 2ft V-nose Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MUcMM86LA2g
flboy
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gulfcoast » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:50 pm

I bought a Rock Solid brand trailer from south GA.... It's rock solid too.
6x12 cargo trailer - Mini Split A/C - Starlink - TMobile home internet
Gulfcoast
Teardrop Master

Georgia built trailers

Postby nsfr1206 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:29 pm

rose090999 wrote:Thanks for the reply. Not looking for perfection just a good, solid foundation to start from. I've looked around on the Renown trailers website as well as Plain ol' Trainlers. Not sure what the difference is between all of the different brands, if there even is one. Seems like they are all built in the same factory but with different labels put on before shipping. Did you have any options installed on your Spartan and if so, how was Renown to work with as far as getting the options installed how you wanted them?
The options I added were thicker skin, extended tongue and extra height. I also ordered aluminum wheels. I ordered with only barn doors in the back. No side door or vents of any kind. That way I could use an actual rv door and put it where I wanted. I also put the vent in the bathroom so it would have been in the wrong place if I’d ordered it standard.

Edit. I also bought v nose with the slant on top. I have some storage in there accessed from the inside and my split system Freon tubes are in there and go out the floor to outside unit mounted on tongue.

Last edited by nsfr1206 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby nsfr1206 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 pm

I think there are just a few actual manufacturers and plenty of dealers. Spartan manufacturers for Renown but they also sell another manufacturer too.

nsfr1206
Teardrop Master

Postby Jiminsav » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:05 am

rose090999 wrote:Anybody have an opinion regarding any of the "Georgia built" trailers such as Diamond, Anvil, South Georgia Cargo Trailers, etc.....Looking to buy new and have some upgrades installed before doing a full conversion. Just concerned about quality or defects since the prices seem substantially lower than if I were to buy local.

There are 10 factories in Douglas Ga. that manufacture enclosed trailers. one of which is a Christian based outfit.
All the trailers are about the same frame wise and axle wise, and all the people that make them pretty much have been doing it for a long time.
I'm not gonna say mom's and dad's sent their kids to college, but maybe technical school.
I fully believe you can't go wrong going there and picking one up.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby rose090999 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:22 pm

I've been researching the different dealers down in GA that sell Anvil, Diamond, Spartan, etc....I'm leaning toward an 8.5x16 Anvil since that size will allow me to put everything I want in it without compromising on anything. I was looking at the Plain ol' Trailers web site along with a couple of others but some of the "bad" reviews about customer service have me worried about putting a deposit down. Know of any dealers that have a "good" reputation or ones to stay away from?
rose090999
Teardrop Inspector

Postby westgalady » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:33 pm

I bought my trailer from trailer2go4less, and went with a freedom trailer. It was awesome! I had great customer service, and even forgot my spare tire there. They drove 500 miles round trip just to bring me my tire! I could not speak more highly of them and the customer service I received!
westgalady
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions