Pet cool

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby demtears » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 pm

mikeschn wrote:My petcool arrived today too just like Demtears described it...

Now I can finally design a teardrop around it!!! 8)

Mike...

P.s. pepper says it's kewl!

Hey mikeschn, did you notice any oddities with yours? I just plugged mine in and tested it everything seems to be working ok, Im just wondering if I should open it up and see if there is a screw in there I did look at the bottom of the unit and found a spot where there should be a screw, and now looking in the box I found a washer that matches all the other ones that are in place. I will write Ron at Hi-Tech and see what he thinks, I did mention this in my registration form which has to be mailed within ten days of receiving the unit. Mine also came with the control door off the unit also in the bottom of the box, but no biggie I was able just to snap it back on no broken parts so just going to check with others to see if they encounter any problems thanks.
Darrin
demtears
Teardrop Master

Postby Dixie Flyer » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Unfortunately, I had posted that my PC was coming last Wednesday. :? It was not to be, I was mistaken....it was yesterday, THIS Wednesday!!!

Hot damn!!

Guess what else? That unit fit PERFECTLY in the back of my 5x8 Yoder Toter!!

All I gotta do is drill two holes in the back and it's a DONE DEAL!!!! 8)
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Dixie Flyer wrote:Unfortunately, I had posted that my PC was coming last Wednesday. :? It was not to be, I was mistaken....it was yesterday, THIS Wednesday!!!
Hot damn!!
Guess what else? That unit fit PERFECTLY in the back of my 5x8 Yoder Toter!!
All I gotta do is drill two holes in the back and it's a DONE DEAL!!!! 8)

That's alright, I was suppose to get mine last Monday. The I checked Fedex Monday night and the delivery date change to tomorrow because they didn't pick it up until last Friday. So much for beliving what Ron says. I know one thing, I won't be buying from them again. The right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. There has got to be another sorce and probably cheaper. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Arne » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:55 pm

How many sources are there for petcools that don't want near 500/unit... and where do you send them to get them fixed if they s..t the bed?
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby aggie79 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Mine arrived from Doowaggle in the time frame they stated for delivery via FedEx. I unboxed it and everything seems okay - no rattles or detached access door - but I haven't tried it out yet.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby Lgboro » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Mine arrived from Doowaggle.com on time also. As advertised and I have tried it to be sure it worked. Now if I just had a teardrop to put it in (actually I do but it is in parts).
Lgboro
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 pm

You're ahead of me. The teardrop I plan on putting it in is just a concept on paper... and not even an up to date plan at that... :cry:

Mike...

Lgboro wrote:Mine arrived from Doowaggle.com on time also. As advertised and I have tried it to be sure it worked. Now if I just had a teardrop to put it in (actually I do but it is in parts).
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Dixie Flyer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Done deal. Installed the Pet Cool yesterday. Went off without a hitch. Pictures to follow soon. (as I take them.....)

It's now a Yoder Pet Cool Toter...... :lol:
I poked it with a stick..........
Dixie Flyer
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Now that things have cooled off outside a bit, can anyone report back on how the heating portion of the petcool works in your teardrop?

I am running the heater side of the petcool in the basement, and it seems to throw out a nice amount of heat, but is it enough to heat a 5x10 teardrop?

And I understand that heat pumps don't work at all when temps fall down to 23 degrees F.

Any one have any first hand experience they can relate to us?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby RICHARD FURROW » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:46 pm

And I understand that heat pumps don't work at all when temps fall down to 23 degrees F.

Any one have any first hand experience they can relate to us?

Mike...

:thinking:

Is the Pet Cool a heat pump? I thought it was a straight AC with an electric strip heater. If this is the case, it should work fine. If not, and it is a heat pump, that could explain the cost. Does the AC portion work well enough in hot, humid weather? I like the compactness of the thing. As small and light as it is, it would be easy to build it in permanently as opposed to one you hook up at the site. That was what I was planning to do, but then, after remembering that one of the main reasons we want a Teardrop, is minimal preparation to go, minimal setup, and mimimal unpacking when we get back home. Done enough of that tent camping!

Ricky
Last edited by RICHARD FURROW on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICHARD FURROW
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:22 pm

It's my understanding that it's a heat pump. Hitech no longer has it on their website, but I found this description on the web.

PETCool makes a very popular AC system for dog houses. It is actually a heat pump so it keeps the dog cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And because dog houses are comparatively small, the electrical power usage of this unit is quite reasonable - it's on par with that required to power 4 standard light bulbs.

http://all-about-dog-houses.com/docs/te ... -house.htm

I wonder if that means we can no longer get petcool air conditioners? :?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby George G. » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm

mikeschn wrote:It's my understanding that it's a heat pump. Hitech no longer has it on their website, but I found this description on the web.

PETCool makes a very popular AC system for dog houses. It is actually a heat pump so it keeps the dog cool in the summer and warm in the winter. And because dog houses are comparatively small, the electrical power usage of this unit is quite reasonable - it's on par with that required to power 4 standard light bulbs.

Mike...

Go here ( http://www.cedarwoodfurniture.com/petcool.html ) and order all you want.
George G.
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:13 pm

George G. wrote:
mikeschn wrote:It's my understanding that it's a heat pump. Hitech no longer has it on their website, but I found this description on the web.

Mike...

Go here ( http://www.cedarwoodfurniture.com/petcool.html ) and order all you want.

I just emailed them to ask if it's a heat pump.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Aaron Coffee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Been following this thread and dreaming for my next TD. Got curious and searched ebay. There is someone in Sioux Falls, SD selling them for $399 with free shipping.
Heck, that's just 40 miles away from me. Wonder what kind of deal they would make me if I picked one up there. :roll:
If I could shut my brain off, I could save myself alot of time, money and effort.
Aaron Coffee
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:19 pm

I've not heard anything more on the petcool, and if it's a heatpump or not. Does anyone here know?

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion