I finally have curtains

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

I finally have curtains

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:41 pm

I decided that the dish towels held up with painters tape was just a little too tacky so I finally made some curtains, pillows, blanket, and a padded headboard. My sister thinks I should pad the whole inside of the td. My own little padded room. I think she's trying to tell me something.
:? :lol:

It's not really a theme, but everything matches. Instead of using curtain rods, I used snaps. Half the snap attaches to the fabric and the other half is a screw that screws right into the wood. The back of the curtains is the red checkered fabric that is on the headboard and the back side of the little pillows.

Pillowcase and pillows

Detail of pillowcase fabric and ruffled trim on little pillows

Padded headboard

Side tables (Thanks to everyone who has posted about their side tables. I couldn't have made these without copying ideas and information links.)

Jazzy enjoys the new look.

I made the blanket from 2 3/8 yards fleece I got from Wally World. I just hemmed the edges and for $10 and change I have a matching blanket. And if the dog tears it or gets muddy footprints on it, it won't break my heart (or the bank).

Tested everything out this past weekend at Hyde State Park just north of Santa Fe.

We had a great weekend. The chipmunks kept Jasmine entertained. :lol:
This was my first outing this year and I'm really enjoying the td. What a great way to camp.
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Congrats on the curtains and interior accents! I really think it adds to the whole look when you have some things like that coordinated. Makes it appear that it was all part of the original plan and not an afterthought! Really makes the package! Glad to hear that you had a good time camping, but then, when is it a bad time camping.....even with the rain at the Dam Gathering it was good camping. Thanks for the pics. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 am

:thumbsup: I really like the way you coordinated everything inside. It looks like it came from a design shop. The rest of your teardrop is really cool too.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 am

Your snap-on curtain is a really clever idea! I never would have thought of using screws for the male portion of the snap! Denim is a good choice, too. Loved the campground picy. That's my kind of campground!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Todah Tear » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 am

I love, love the curtain pattern! The tables are great too! GOOD JOB (Yes, I am shouting :lol: (

Todah
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." Proverbs 19:2 Image
Todah Tear
Platinum Donating Member

Postby green_eyed_diablito » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 am

:thumbsup:
that looks great! i too really like the snap idea. but instead of saying that i will steal your idea, i will say that i was influenced by someone wiser than me.

:)
Since this life here and now is all we can know, our most reasonable option is to live it fully.
ImageImage
green_eyed_diablito
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:08 pm

green_eyed_diablito wrote::thumbsup:
that looks great! i too really like the snap idea. but instead of saying that i will steal your idea, i will say that i was influenced by someone wiser than me.

:)

I too will be influenced by somebody wiser than me!!! I've got like six yards of the material I used to make the comforter for Itty-Bitty left over. (I got it at a yard sale, it was CHEAP, they wouldn't cut it, I had to take what was left on the bolt!!)

The padded headboard... DEFINITELY!!! It's gotta be more comfortable to lean against when sitting inside than trying to keep the pillows propped behind my back. :applause: I don't have cabinets at that end of the trailer, so nothing to bump my head on. Could use some info on how you assembled and installed yours, if you are willing to share.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Beachbuggy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

I love it!
I really love your tables too!
:applause:
Beachbuggy
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:28 pm

:beautiful: I love it JL I really like the snaps idea. Wow you have given me a new place to try out I have never been there. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby kennyrayandersen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm

especially clever on the snaps! :thumbsup:
kennyrayandersen
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Barbara, you are so talented! :applause: Everything looks beautiful! I think Jazzy says it all...cozy and beautiful.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Really nice!

But I would've have enjoyed photos of the dish towels and painters tape -- that was ingenious in its own way.

:thumbsup: :applause:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bve » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 am

Really nice and ingenious. I also have to comment on the detail on your cabinet doors too - really like it as well.

Burke
Burke

KISS > COMPLEX

Build threads converted to PDFs.
As of 2008-08-08 I have added more build threads to the pdf collection
bve
500 Club

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks for all the nice comments. It was really fun picking the fabrics and deciding where and how to use them.

Todah, I found the embroidered denim at Hancock Fabrics. I fell in love with it too and knew immediately that it was what I wanted for curtains.

I found these snaps at Lowes. They really made it easy to hang curtains. The package says 15 pieces but there are actually only 5 snaps per package. There are 3 parts to each snap, thus 15 pieces. I have the headboard held up with the snaps as well. You have to punch a hole in the fabric to attach the snap. I used Fray Check around the hole to make sure the material didn't fray. More pics in my album.

Image Image

Tinksdad, for the headboard, I used 1" thick foam. I cut it to fit from the floor to the bottom of the cabinets and the width of the tear (in my case it is 46 1/2" x 24"). I covered the foam with quilt batting to give it some more loft. I used spray adhesive to attach the batting to the foam. The front and back pieces of fabric are cut 1" bigger than the foam all around (48 1/2" x 26"). This allowed for a 1/2" seam allowance and room for the 1" thick foam. On the bottom edge, I put in a 21" zipper so I could take the cover off to wash. I sewed in tabs at the top and used more snaps to attach the headboard to the td wall. You will have to adjust your fabric measurments for the front piece if you want an accent boarder like I did. You will also need to alter the measurments if you use thicker foam.

Hiker Chick here's a pic of my classy dish towel/painters tape combo. I kind of miss it. NOT :lol:
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:49 am

Mandy, This was my first time to Hyde Park too. Not much different than the National Forest campsites around NM except that there is a ranger on duty 24/7 and he keeps the party animals in line. Quiet time is 10pm and he enforces it. Also it is only 8 miles from Santa Fe Plaza so day trips into town are really easy. They also have some group sites that can be reserved. Might be a nice place for a gathering someday.
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to General Discussion