Last Gasp of Summer 2009

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Pam Wright » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am

Shelly,

You know it girl.... what's a little snow in Colorado!

We'll see you again at the gorge and miss you when you are not there!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby mollyteardrop » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi all, I live in Canon City, but will be out of town for work that weekend.
:( It is a beautiful area and if you have not been to the area you will really enjoy it. My first year with my td, so I hate to miss this!

If anyone would like, or need some local information, please feel free to PM
mollyteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Potluck & Road Conditions!

Postby enigmak » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Pam, just wanting to know about the potluck, will it be just Saturday or Friday too? Anybody decided what they are making yet? :Flippin Burger:
Kp and I will be there! This time we will only bring on Tear, not like ITG 3. It was fun taking two, but it was also twice the cost. :money:
Also the last two times we have camped at the gorge this summer the road had some very bad washout ruts. So if you are coming in after dark be on the look out for them. :shocked:
Looking forward to next weekend!!
:dancing :P :dancing
Dana
enigmak
Teardrop Advisor

Postby afzski » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:20 am

Donna and I are looking to come down Friday afternoon and spend the night (in a tent!) to visit and take in the different styles of TT&T tears - Donna wants to see the different styles - the last one she saw was a Little Guy - at a dealer in Kansas - and she wasn't too enthused with the size - so maybe seeing a couple of different styles - she will be a little more agreeable to me getting started on building one - can't stay the whole weekend like we originally planned - need to leave about noon to be back in Colorado Springs for a work function Sat later that afternoon

Looking forward to seeing you all !!! :D :thumbsup: :applause:

Alex & Donna
afzski
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Pam Wright » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 am

WOO HOO!!!! JUST 3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Dana, I plan the potluck on Sat night BUT usually we kinda all cook our own and gather at the tables on the other nights to eat together... No specific plans on bringing what.... Sat night I'm fixing meatballs in the DO and some pasta and buns on the side for whatever.... per Brandie's request! Ha!ha!

Donna, Great plan to come Friday! Plenty of room for a tent. Can't wait to meet you...

SO FAR LOOKS LIKE COLORADO, KANSAS, NEBRASKA, ARIZONA AND MISSOURI..... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!

Come camp with me!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby RPH » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Pam & everybody

Sadly, we've just sold our widget...but are planning to come and visit and get inspired for "the next project". IF we decide to do "the next project", it will likely be a teardrop, not a tt. So, we'll be snapping photos and picking brains....We're shooting for Friday - Sunday.

I'm doing pretty well at 6-weeks post surgery, but am a little leary about tent camping: the widget was just so darn cozy. We had a wild snowstorm this morning in South Park!

see you soon - Pamela & Ron
"Why don't you get a toupee with some brains it!?!"- Moe to Curly
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jason and Amanda » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm

I have switched out my factory Little Guy mattress with a Walmart memory foam mattress. My old one is up for grabs for free.

I saw that a couple people are coming down without teardrops and will be getting ideas to build one. This mattress is not a good sleeper but will get you by until you make a mattress purchasing decision.

It's 58.5" by 75.5" approximately, give or take a 1/4 to 1/2 inch, and in 2 seperate halves. It's about 4" thick.

The only caveot is that I installed air ducting in my teardrop so one corner of each half of the mattress has a diagonal piece, about 6" long missing. put that down by your feet or cover it with your pillows at the top, really won't be missed, specially if this is a temporary solution.

I can bring it to the gathering, I will be arriving saturday around 11-12 ish.

Or anyone in Colorado Springs, or willing to come to Colorado Springs, can just come get it. I figured I'd post here first since I can bring it to the gathering.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 am

Pam and Ron,

Heard you sold the Widget and understand.... I loved it! You did such a great job on it! Glad to hear your post-surgery status, thought of you all during the pre, during 'it' and post!!!! :) Love to see you whenever you can come. I have two army cots extra I can bring, you could borrow, to stay off the ground if your tent is big enough for them????

Jason and Amanda,

Great offer on the mattress, Hope some one takes advantage of the kindness.... can't wait to see you both and 'our' new baby!!!!

I'm getting too excited for all of us to get together again!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 am

All,
Switch to satelite view to see the area. If you zoom down as far as it will let you you'll be able to see the brown thing I believe is the dumpsters, the 2 grey things are the pavilion areas.

At any rate, here is the camping area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 07367&z=13
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 am

Hum I just noticed that the map moved my coordinates just a little. The camping area is just above the flag on the map, basically make a left at the fork where the "B" flag is.

At any rate by the time you make it that far you will see it.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby RPH » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 am

Pam Wright wrote:Pam and Ron,

...I have two army cots extra I can bring, you could borrow, to stay off the ground if your tent is big enough for them????

pam

Hi Pam - We've got a good air mattress, so thanks for the offer, but you don't have to pack the cots. You've probably got a full van anyway, without worrying about us. We are, of course, hoping for the more moderate weather that we can have at Royal Gorge this time of year, but Sophie will keep us warm! (or is it the other way around?)

Thanks again....see you soon!!!
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby benzu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Pam,

I know it's been a long time since you've heard from me or even anyone hearing from me. Well, I checked the forum to see when the gathering was just yesterday, wooooh! good thing I checked. I will be coming too, with Emma Jean and Jasper, Becky will be staying back home. My trailer has been camped in all year but of course is not completed, will it ever be? probably not.

I'll show up Saturday afternoon and stay till Sunday just in time for the potluck. I'm going to cook a dutch oven 505 chicken.

Can't wait to see you guys.

Mike Benzie
benzu
Teardrop Master

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:28 am

Mike,

Can't wait to see you, Emma and Jasper! Tell Becky, we'll miss her!

Update on weather!!!!

Looks like a possibility of showers on Thursday, a slight possibility on Friday and nice weather Saturday and Sunday!!!!

Bring extra blankets!

pam
Director

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

To my friend JaSPeR

Postby RPH » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:38 am

DeAR JAspErrrr

Are you up for this! I have to sleep in the tent this time and Mom is saying I might have to sleep in my kennel if I'm "TOO MUCH". What does that mean anyway?

Paws!

Sophie
RPH
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Jason and Amanda » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm guessing most of you are there and setup, I'm about to start packing, we'll be there in the morning, I want to come out tonight! Might not happen though.

The weather turned beautiful! We'll see everyone there.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to North Central