Gathering on August Moon

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Gathering on August Moon

Postby Guy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Dear All,

We are going to have a gathering to celebrate the Mid Summer Nights August Moon on August 7-9 at Applegate Lake, Oregon. It will be at the Hart Tish Campground right on Applegate Lake. I will post a much longer and descriptive post later. This lake is in Oregon on the California. It is absolutely beautiful place with swimming, kayaking, hiking, and, of course, fishing. Prem, and Mark and Julie have camped there with me this summer, and Jerry and Donna have also visited. All have expressed a desire to go back there. Please post your questions here. The cost will be 20 dollars for the three days of camping. Flush Toilets and free showers.

Here is a link to some google images
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Applegate+Lake%2C+Oregon&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Prem » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: August 7, 8 and 9 full moon gathering at Applegate Lake near Ruch, Oregon:

This place is perfect. (I was there today swimming in the perfect temperature water! Had to escape the 102 degree day here in Medford.)

Going to bring my inflatable kayak.

The parking area is pavement that backs up to lawn with trees and then the lake. Bathrooms are conveniently right there with running water.

Hot days, cool nights, mountains and then there's the fishing and the fire rings for dutch oven cooking.

Thanks for putting this together Guy. I'll be there.

Prem :thumbsup:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

applegate lake

Postby traveler » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:29 pm

:thumbsup: Would be a hop skip and a short drive for me. It will give me another chance to get out of "Dodge" so to speak. If all goes, I will be there.
Bruce :) I wll bring my inflatable also :twisted:
Hope that I can figure out how to get there? :thinking:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Prem » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Bruce,

Cool!

It's real easy to find:

You take Hwy 238 west from Medford. Go thru Jacksonville. Turn left at Ruch up the Applegate valley. Go 15 miles. Go past the top of the dam on Applegate Lake and turn left into Hart-tish campground/marina/store. We'll be camping beside the grass and trees just past the store.

Tell others.

See you there.

Prem :thumbsup:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby traveler » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Now all I have to do is to get my tear put back together at least so that I can bring it. If I am unable to get it ready, will have to bring my diesel and camper, but one way or the other will be there.
Thanks for the directions, looked it up right where it told me to look, It is really hard getting old. This morning I forgot to get up Ha Ha :lol:
Thanks
Bruce :)
traveler
The 300 Club

Looking for Salem TDers

Postby Guy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:30 am

Dear All,

Having a brain fart. Does anyone remember the young couple from Salem, ex Californians, who have attended both IRG and the Dam gathering. They got pretty rain dumped on at the Dam. They have a big dog. I cannot remember their names but want too make sure they know of the August Moon Gathering. Please post their names if you know them
Regards,

Guy
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby traveler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 am

One short question, Is there electric hookups???? Not nessary but depends on what I will pack.
Don't know who the couple from Salem were, But I was one who left on Saturday, due to the rain, :rainy: and do have a big dog.
traveler
The 300 Club

young couple

Postby Guy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:04 am

Dear Bruce,

I realize you and your dog count as a couple, but neither of you could pass as young.
:D
Regards,

Guy
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:35 am

Guy,
The young couple... Son and daughter-in-law of Ron & Olga maybe? :thinking:
Gene and Eddie are Jonesing for a close gathering, I'll be seeing them this weekend. Will pass on the info. Taylors!!! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

young couple

Postby Guy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:20 am

Dear Dino,

Not Ron and Olga's kids. That is not who I am thinking about. It is a couple that used to live in SOCal then moved to OR. They were next to me at IRG2. They were totally drenched at the DAM..got flooded in the gully. I tried to check the Pamplin Grove web site but the roster has been taken down.

Dear Bruce,

No electric hookups but electric is available for charging batteries etc. Also there is free WiFi. If you need electric for a Cpac machine etc. that is vailable by stringing an extension cord about 50 feet over the entrance road which is not used at night.
Regards,

Guy
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby traveler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am

Guy, electric NOT necessary. If my battery won't stay up for three days, going to have to get one that will. :thinking: Don't even need to bring the computer, can wait till I get home to do that stuff. I am going to have FUN. :applause:
Thanks for the info. My trailer will just be that much lighter so I will get better gas milage. Ha Ha :lol:
traveler
The 300 Club

Young couple at IRG

Postby Guy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 am

Dear All,

The couple I am looking for are in the IRG @.0 group photo. they are the couple in the upper part on the extreme left hand side.She has long light brown hair wearing glasses and a light green shirt and a hat. He is behind her with a light yellow shirt. Sorry I do not have the capacity to edit the photo

Regards,

Guy
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:13 pm

I think I saw their tear for sale on craigslist, but I can't find it now.

They either sold it or pulled their ad.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby traveler » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Guy, is there a particular spot on the lake that we are going??? :thinking: Have the directions and it looks like a really big lake. I would like to leave out on Thursday and really don't know where to set up camp. Never been there before so would like some directions to where ever we will be camping.
Thanks
Bruce and Ebony the man and beast couple :)
traveler
The 300 Club

Hart Tish RV Parking

Postby Guy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am

Dear Bruce,

We will be at the Hart Tish Campground in the RV Section. The whole area has been set aside for us right on the lake. This has large picnic tables and fire rings plus its own beach area. The general store is a mere 100 feet away and the boat launch is 200 feet away.
Regards,

Guy
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to Jefferson State