How's my car/camper sound like?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:03 am

Good for you CW. You're on your way now. :thumbsup:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Joanne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:45 pm

First, congratulations on the job! You are right about saving money by walking or riding.

Great idea about going to the thrift store. I found a nice cast iron skillet at one of the local thrift stores and paid just a couple of dollars for it. I still use it regularly.

Congrats again on your job.

Joanne

curiouswill wrote:Another little update:

I finally got a job at the taco bell/pizza hut less than a mile away from home (this is great cause this way I can just walk or ride my bike there and save a whole lots on gas money 8) )

<snip>

This will be the first place i'll look at (maybe after checking out the ARC thrift store on the way cause sometime they have some awesome deals on their kitchen stuffs).
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

this might be of interest

Postby jay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:05 pm

http://cheaprvliving.com/fordfestiva.html

the rest of the site is pretty good, also
jay
Donating Member

Postby curiouswill » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:12 pm

great! I like this site though I would have to use the trailer itself to really maximize my use of the car (just no standing room unless I have the money to install a sunroof or something).

I wouldn't mind trying to live out of my car full time if not for the fact that I'm a computer geeks and would have to invest in a considerable amount of expensive technology to keep my computer working well on the road and the electrical costs (batteries and stuffs). And also I'm a internet addict too so I would also have to pay for all of the wireless I would hate to use (unreliable and expensive in the wilderness).

If anybody have any experiences with this kind of technological obstacle and have overcome it, please let me know how!!!!!!
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Postby curiouswill » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:11 am

curiouswill wrote:great! I like this site though I would have to use the trailer itself to really maximize my use of the car (just no standing room unless I have the money to install a sunroof or something).

I wouldn't mind trying to live out of my car full time if not for the fact that I'm a computer geeks and would have to invest in a considerable amount of expensive technology to keep my computer working well on the road and the electrical costs (batteries and stuffs). And also I'm a internet addict too so I would also have to pay for all of the wireless I would hate to use (unreliable and expensive in the wilderness).

If anybody have any experiences with this kind of technological obstacle and have overcome it, please let me know how!!!!!!

Been a while but a bit of a update for now, I've managed to get a good deal on a van with my step-uncle. Which is simply to trade my car for his humongous van :D At the moment though, the car is at his home so he can fix it up and start using it before he gives me his van so he wouldn't miss any works. I commutes to work on bike so not having a car at the moment is not a big hassle.

I have also been starting to "transfer" my interest away from the computers and onto the outdoors and physical activities like biking, hiking, and whatnot. So I don't need much of anything in the way of computer except for a cheapie laptop now :thumbsup: So at the moment I'm currently looking around to trade my computer for a low-end laptop that I could install Linux onto it and uses it for word processing and wireless internet at times. I could also use the full screen feature of most word processor to set-up a communication mean between me and some other hearing person. Doing it this way will be a bit easier on me in term of what I needs to keep my laptop in shape for the travel. Also doing this would allow me to more fully experience my digital camera since I could download to the laptop and optimizes it right away.

Well, I gotta go and get ready to go to work now and pick up some breakfast on the way. this was just a quick update on my car/camper plan. Looks like I'll have to start thinking about making a van/galley combo plans.
curiouswill
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs