7x12 NEO CT. 45th Parallel Tramper

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

Postby funengineer » Sun May 29, 2016 12:31 pm

So here's the results of my Monstaliner.

Details can be found here.
Roll on bed liner for flooring?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
ImageImageImage

Sent from my tractor seat.
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby funengineer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 am

Slow progress these past three months. New grandson, mother-in-law health issues, and damage to the trailer has slowed things down a little. Our local road contractor was mowing the road shoulders and sent a hunk of limestone across the front yard into the side of my trailer. Been working for the last three weeks with the property owners association and their insurance company to get it repaired. Image
Delivered it to the factory five hours away and picked it up a week later. Since the damage was in the back panel which is the first panel that was installed on the driver side, they had to remove all the panels starting at the nosecone on the driver side back to the back panel. So now, one half of my trailer skin is new.
While it was there I had them install an upper cabinet and a ramp spring cover. ImageImage.

The Monstaliner roll on bedliner had unground paint pigment pellets in it causing the aggressive nonslip texture.
I have since sanded the paint pigment pellets. Monstaliner sent me a new gallon of bedliner which I plan to install today.

On a positive note, I have put about 3000 miles on the trailer using it for moving furniture and Hauling my garden tractor collection out to Gettysburg Pennsylvania and back. It has worked great. I installed a 15 amp, 110 V electrical service to power some lights, fan and an electric space heater.
I will post up some pictures of the electrical connection after I get the trailer put back together.
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Re: 7x12 NEO CT. 45th Parallel Tramper

Postby funengineer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Here is the final Monstaliner floor. ImageImage

funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Padilen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Very nice!
Those darn lawn mowers anyway, I've had damage twice this summer. I have 2 dings in my ramp door from a mower. My moms neighbor didn't seem to care that he did it. I also had a mower ruin my rear power slider in my pickup. The guy who did it was almost sick about it. Not the window but that he could have hurt someone. He no longer will mow when store is open .
Padilen
Donating Member

Postby racerrandy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Here is my Wheel Horse, I collect Cub Cadets but picked this up last year!

Randy
racerrandy
Teardrop Builder

Postby funengineer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Nice Wheel Horse Randy. Love the FEL.

funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby racerrandy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:35 pm

funengineer wrote:Nice Wheel Horse Randy. Love the FEL.

Thanks, I dont mean to derail your thread, but I would like more info on it. What forum is best for wheel horses?

Thanks, Randy
racerrandy
Teardrop Builder

Postby videographer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Hub h y
funengineer wrote:So I decided to install a roll on bedliner on my floor to seal it from oil, grease and dirt. I decided on Monstaliner after looking at three other brands. I also considered epoxy, vinyl and rolled rubber. Here's today's pics.
Removed tie-downs, trim and cleaned grease with acetone. Sanded entire floor and sealed with polyurethane.
Here's the floor sanded and half the ramp sanded to show how dirty it was.
Here it is with the sealer applied.
Tomorrow I apply the first coat of Monstaliner.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
videographer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby funengineer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:33 am

racerrandy wrote:

Thanks, I dont mean to derail your thread, but I would like more info on it. What forum is best for wheel horses?

Thanks, Randy

Try www.wheelhorseforum.com
The site is called RedSquare. Best group of guys and gals out there. Lots of information exchanged and a large manuals section.
Let me know what you think of it.

Here's one of my favorites. It was my parents. my sister and I used it to mow their lawn. Image

funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby racerrandy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:41 am

Thank you, I am registered there and will get some pics up so I can maybe figure out exactly what I have.

Randy
racerrandy
Teardrop Builder

Postby Vspec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:37 am

@funengineer I am looking at spec'ing a Neo NAMR 7 by 12 or 14 with 6inch extra height. After the original quote shock, I am thinking of scaling back a couple of things.

Couple of questions for you:
Are the cabinets screwed in or riveted in?
Anything you would order differently?
Is the power package #2 worth it? I was under the impression that 110V 15A should be sufficient as my Honda EU2000 only outputs 120V/240V at 13.3A. My power requirements would be limited to a mini fridge, charger for possible batteries (for 12v lighting) and maybe and electric space heater.
Does the the dome lamp runs from the battery box?

Thanks
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby funengineer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:15 am

Vspec
I think you'll be happy with the NEO.
If I were to build another one I'd go 14' or 16' tandem. You never have enough room. I chose the 12' single axle to make it easy to move myself.
I would add stabilizer jacks for the rear. I load tractors and sometimes when the trailer is not connected I have to use small aluminum screw jacks to support the rear of the trailer. I would have them install the external spare tire bracket to free up valuable interior space, and I would not order the white interior. It is very thin and flimsy and I will need to remove it when I get around to installing my rigid foam insulation then reinstall. The thin vinyl covered liner makes it difficult to mount tie downs and other items. I've seen some very nice trailers that the owners installed either 5 mm or three eights inch painted plywood in their trailers with good results.
The cabinet is screwed to the frame but the actual cabinet is riveted together.
If I had a 14 or 16 footer I'd have bought the the base cabinet too.

I made and installed my own 110v 15 amp system using a Marino exterior electric plug and 70 amp panel with a duplex plug. I have plans to install two more plugs. One one each side wall and one exterior on the curb side. I'll add these when I do the insulation. Currently I run a small light and space heater. I too have the Honda EU2000.

The dome light runs from the tow vehicle battery when connected. The trailer battery is for the brakes. That is one thing I would like to change. A battery connected to the vehicle power system would allow me to use the dome light and possibly add another.

I really like the NEO trailers and think yo will also.
Hope this helps.
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
funengineer
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Vspec » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks for the reply,

I was also thinking single axel for the ease of moving the trailer around, but the 3000lbs axle GVW does not leave much room after substracting 1320 for the trailer itself for the 12ft.
But then again with the tandem axel that would give me 5250 in the 12 ft and 5200 in the 14ft, way more than I would ever need. My TV is rated to 6000 lbs max with trailer brakes.

The goal is to have a motorcycle hauler for race days and a camper. Motorcycle to be hauled are 2 full size dirt bikes and one small one. Eventually it will have to haul 2 full size and 2 small size.

I am planning to use E-track to create one queen been, width wise, off the floor in the back and enough room to fit another queen or double on the floor or two cots. Either a in bunk set up or one in front (that will decide 12 or 14). This should sleep all 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). Once the trailer is unloaded, there should be enough room to stay inside in inclement weather.

I'll probably create my own battery based lighting system with LED inside and flood LED for loading.
Vspec
Teardrop Advisor

Postby lrrowe » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:58 am

Vspec wrote:Thanks for the reply,

I was also thinking single axel for the ease of moving the trailer around, but the 3000lbs axle GVW does not leave much room after substracting 1320 for the trailer itself for the 12ft.
But then again with the tandem axel that would give me 5250 in the 12 ft and 5200 in the 14ft, way more than I would ever .

Why not see if NEO would custom add a 6000 lb single Dexter axle. I did with my order (torsion suspension) and it ended up to be 5000 lb rated, because of the tire limitation.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby hankaye » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 am

Vspec, Howdy;

Don't forget that with the 'extra' capacity you are also adding the weight of the extra axle, wheels and tires
when you go to the second axle. I choose to go with the up graded axle (6K), with the brakes and 7-way plug.
I have a 14' X 6' X 6'6" Interstate PRO with the single axle. I was looking for lighter overall weight and maneuverability
for when I get onto the Forest Roads here in the West.
I also took 2 years + to make up my mind as to what it was that I was looking to do and what would be the "Best Fit"
for doing it.
Good luck with your build, looking forward to seeing the progress.

hank
Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...
Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
hankaye
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions