Crossroads of America Gathering 2011

Camping in the Midwest, including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Also includes Buckeye, Hoosier and BlueGrass Tearjerker chapters

Postby Ptomaine » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:43 pm

TJ1949 wrote:Just a few questions?

Kurt?...Not sure of the park rules or of all the activities planned and or if I can talk John into it,,but he has a sm Karaoke set up. if I can talk him into bringing it and if it ok with the park and the group, would anyone like to sing Karaoke?
l

No,no,no,no, please no Please leave the evil machine at home.
As you grow up and leave the playground where you kissed your prince and found your frog.
Remember the Jester that showed you tears The script for tears.
Ptomaine
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 am

Damn it's almost here. Do you realize that this gathering has been in the planning stage for over 243 days. :shock:

I packed and piddled all weekend a bit at a time. Still fluffing and finalizing the chuck wagon. Wrote menu's and checklists over coffee at 3 am this morning.

Blast off is Thursday AM should arrive mid morning. Will have 8 satellite D.O. tables for sale and have found about as many Mair lid lifters for those interested. Also will have 3 or 4 "redneck" antennas. We're on site #8 so stop by and say HI.

Bob & Vickie Henry
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Darren » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:45 am

For those of you heading out to CRA be safe on the road and I'll see you on Friday.

Stop by my site, 21, sometime next weekend and pick up a box of matches. I made 160 so each camp site should get one. :thumbsup: Darren

Darren
the camper formerly known as Victor Star

Postby starleen2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:43 pm

I think we're ready to head out tomorrow AM (sometime) We plan on staying a few extra days out on the road somewhere - we'll see everyone when we get there ;)
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby mechmagcn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 pm

I'll be headed out Wed sometime, but if funds were available I would have been gone several days ago :D I need to get away from here :?
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Just curious as to whether there will be a spot at the campground where we can get information on what's going on--a bulletin board or something where changes/additions to the schedule could be posted?

I'm thinking us B-loopers (Bloopers? :) who are literally out of the loop may also be informationally out of the loop. If we had a spot in A loop that we could check for news, that could be helpful. Any thoughts? Let me know if I can assist.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 pm

Pat,

Glad to hear you will be able to make it! :banana:

We are getting a respectable turnout from our chapter! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to meeting new friends & visiting with old ones! :shake hands:

Betsey 8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby parnold » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Pat:

I'm sure you've seen this, but just in case..

http://cra2011.weebly.com/agenda.html
parnold
Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks, Paul--I had studied that earlier. It's just that with this event being so huge, with so many moving parts, it struck me that another way of communicating could be helpful, once we are at the park. Not everyone would be able to get online to know if agenda changes were posted on weebly. Kurt on a bike works to disseminate info during smaller gatherings, but this one, with 2 loops--might be hard to catch everyone. So, I thought of a bulletin board. But hey, how about a blimp? Or maybe...a bullhorn. (No, scratch that!) Tin can telephone system? :eyebrows2:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby parnold » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 pm

A chalk board, or bulletin board would be a good idea. I think I'll just wander aimlessly about hoping to catch all the "cool" stuff. :lol:
parnold
Donating Member

Postby WarPony » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Jst83 wrote:
WarPony wrote:Hey, what are the helmet laws there in IN? I'm thinking of bringing my 1969 Honda Z50 to tool around on. No headlight, turn signals or tags....... do you think I'll get hassled by "The Man" if I bring it?

Jeff

Helmets are your choice here. That small doesn't require tags in Indiana, you should have no problems :thumbsup:

I see that the roads in the park are acually "State Roads" and all laws are applicable.......... I better leave it at home, I always get into trouble with this thing..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby mechmagcn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 pm

I might have missed it some where, but does the park have wifi? Not that I am going to have time to be on the computer :roll: This looking to be one spectacular event :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 am

tearhead wrote:Thanks, Paul--I had studied that earlier. It's just that with this event being so huge, with so many moving parts, it struck me that another way of communicating could be helpful, once we are at the park. Not everyone would be able to get online to know if agenda changes were posted on weebly. Kurt on a bike works to disseminate info during smaller gatherings, but this one, with 2 loops--might be hard to catch everyone. So, I thought of a bulletin board. But hey, how about a blimp? Or maybe...a bullhorn. (No, scratch that!) Tin can telephone system? :eyebrows2:

At the large multi chapter events we have had in the past there is a welcome packet you should recieve when you arrive.
The final site map ( who landed where) and park info, our event planning . We won't leave ya hanging ! I am sure Scott will be on later to elaborate a bit on the check in procedure. I am sure that with a gathering of this magnitude it will be helpful if we can hunt down the directors and pick up our packets. After all we don't want Kurt wearing out all his new heart parts peddeling all over the park :lol:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Jst83 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 am

Pat that's a pretty good idea :thumbsup: I think there's a board to post on in the middle circle of section A across from Kurt. I guess seeing as how we have most of the campground this weekend it makes it our board :twisted: We'll check that out or come up with a place and pass the info with the packets. I plan on being there early Thursday morning to stuff welcome bags. We'll probably just set up tables at mine or Kurts site to asembly line stuff them.

I so can't wait.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 am

Jeff
I've been riding my motorized bike here for 4 days.
No issues

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Midwest