Any Tips on Building a Powder Coating Oven?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby andysbunny » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:40 pm

d.

Only design for myself these days. The furniture industry seems to want two things I don't: For me to have an engineering degree (just to do the job I've been doing since High School) or move to China. Neither of the ideas appeal to me. So, I am working on my bachelor's degree, but in Art. I at least want to enjoy what I do.

The TD project has allowed me to think freely again, and I get to break out my CAD skills!

Dawn
andysbunny
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:43 pm

andysbunny wrote: or move to China.
Dawn

Are you sure you don't mean India? :?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby D. Tillery » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:11 pm

Thanks Steve. I sure put in a few miles. Denver to Durango to Albuquerque to Carlsbad to Fort Stockton to SA in two days is not as enjoyable a pace as I would have liked but we made it.

Dawn, You can still carve out a niche in the high quality, custom market. Thankfully, not everyone wants the paperboard junk available at most furniture stores. Good luck with the art degree. You should be able to meet people there who can get your designs in front of the right people.

At least India and China are not trying to compete on low volume quality....yet!

D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby MarksMG » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:17 am

D.
I just powder coat small parts. I started a few years ago when I was restoring a MG Midget. I do some motorcycle parts for others. I use the hotcoat gun from eastwood. Since I use such a small oven I do not have any trouble with hot spots in the oven if I let it heat up and soak in real well before I put the parts in to cure. For some really small parts I use a toaster oven also.
"Can we build it? Yes we can!" Bob The Builder
MarksMG
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Off Topic