buying factory direct

Converting Cargo Trailers into TTTs

buying factory direct

Postby jacove » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello--newbie here with a question or two on ordering and buying a ct direct from the factory. I have been looking on e-bay and most factory direct buys seen to be in Georgia. does anyone have any does and don't as for buying from any factory there, or any where? I am thinking of converting a 7X16 to camper/toyhauler. Nothing fancy just the basic bed, ac,cooking area.etc. Any info. would be appreciated. jacove
jacove
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jwhite » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:22 pm

This is a great site http://www.trailershopper.com/
I am from GA and bought mine from kingdom trailers I only wished I had went over and look in person because the color was not exactly what I thought I was getting,but it's fine now I have it.
I am sure with this site you should find a dealer in TX.
I know that some of the dealers on Ebay are also on trailershopper.

I had my trailer build a foot taller than a stock 7x16 I had them move the door back to the fender well so I could build everything I wanted into the front of the trailer.
I also had them put in a screen RV door ad window and had a set of mag wheels added to the trailer and one thing I am glad a did was have the rear jacks installed they were only 50.00.
I found that if you unhook the trailer and lower the front then put down the jacks and then crank up the front the trailer is rock solid.
These companies will build the trailer any way you want.
I thought it was worth the money to have what I wanted added while the trailer was being built.
Last edited by jwhite on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhite
The 300 Club

Postby starleen2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:30 pm

GEEZ - You haven't been looking very long have you - Right here in North East Texas - In Mt. Pleasant - we have almost every trailer manufacturer that you could think of right here - and they could build you what ever you want.
Performance Trailers
Diamond C Trailers Outlet
Double A Trailers Inc
Big Tex Trailers Manufacturing
Stage Coach Trailers
Tex-Mex Trailers
and there are even others that are here - come on up!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby jacove » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:01 pm

thanks for the replies. I have checked a few dealers in Texas and their prices are about $1,000 or so higher for the same trailer in Georgia. I have not checked all the ones you mentioned, but I well. Do they sell factory direct or through a dealer? I did receive a quot from Kingdom Trailers in Georgia, which I thought was very reasonable. I have since sent them e-mail requesting more information. They have not replied in a week. But I could drive to Georgia for less than 1K. Again thanks
jacove
Teardrop Inspector

Postby starleen2 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Don't know how a round trip to Georgia is gonna save you anything - only to say that "I drove to Georgia to get it $1000.00 cheaper". Figure in Gas and one overnight stay. Texas to Georgia and Back non stop is a helluva trip - been there done that - not to mention that you'll be pulling a trailer on the way back - and that eats into the $1000.00 savings. But hey, it's your money do what what you want. I hear Georgia is nice this time of year. :D
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby dudleydoright » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 pm

take a look at http://www.trailershowroom.com they have a facility in texas, and they will build it any way you want.
GONE FISHIN'

ddr
dudleydoright
Teardrop Master

buying factory direct

Postby jacove » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

thanks....Dudley, I checked and they appear to be a middle man for the factories in Georgia. I appreciate your time and interest....jacove
jacove
Teardrop Inspector

Postby NineLivez2Go » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Check out http://www.pro-lineperformance.com/

They are based in Georgia.
NineLivez2Go
Teardrop Inspector

buying factory direct

Postby jacove » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm

thank u 9lives....I well check them out. jacove :)
jacove
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TurboandMe » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Check out www.internet-trailer.com They had the best prices I could find outside of Georgia and I didn't feel like spending the gas money and time to drive out there. They sell direct out of the factory in Waco TX. I almost bought from them till we found a used trailer. I can highly recommend their customers service.
Chateau Le Cargo build: Now for sale!
viewtopic.php?t=40569
TurboandMe
Teardrop Builder

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:44 am

When I purchased my trailer, it was manufactured in Hagerstown Maryland. The cost extra to ship it to my location in Pittsburgh was to be $300.00. At 8 hrs round trip, I said I would go and pick it up with my wife. It was the excitement as well as spending the $300.00 on a trip with my wife and not on a delivery charge that made the trip more appealing. On the way home we stopped and had a dinner at one of our favorite steak restaurants. As we stopped and got out to go into the steak house my wife looked at the trailer and smiled knowing we would finally have a hard shelter over our head when camping instead of a tent. And because of this we would be doing more camping.

Consider this when making your decision. Money well spent.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby jacove » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks, southpennrailroad, I agree with you that it is better to spend your money having a good time with your family than to just give it to some factory. I could just say "GEEZ..I don't know how a round trip to Georgia is going to save me anything" and just give the guys in Texas my money. I wounder why there is such a difference in the price of the same size trailer. Is there a difference in the workmanship or quality of material? If more people drove to Georgia to buy then maybe the Texas factories would lower their prices. But if the quality is better, than the price may be justified. I guess that is my main question. :roll:
jacove
Teardrop Inspector

Postby pete42 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:44 pm

One of the trailers I'm looking at is made by R N R trailers in Michigan

they have a local dealer but you can deal through the factory and they will deliver it to local dealer no cost for deliver neat deal.

the local dealer still gets the credit he also happens to be a good guy to deal with some only want your money.
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm

jacove wrote:Thanks, southpennrailroad, I agree with you that it is better to spend your money having a good time with your family than to just give it to some factory. I could just say "GEEZ..I don't know how a round trip to Georgia is going to save me anything" and just give the guys in Texas my money. I wounder why there is such a difference in the price of the same size trailer. Is there a difference in the workmanship or quality of material? If more people drove to Georgia to buy then maybe the Texas factories would lower their prices. But if the quality is better, than the price may be justified. I guess that is my main question. :roll:

I thought of the man who would supply his needs for his family but I have the min and thought was played and a decision made to enjoy ourselves as well as better ourselves. So I decided to spend it on my family. However if the cost was more I would have done it the other way around. I didn't just take this descision on my own I took counsel with my wife.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:31 pm

pete42 wrote:One of the trailers I'm looking at is made by R N R trailers in Michigan

they have a local dealer but you can deal through the factory and they will deliver it to local dealer no cost for deliver neat deal.

the local dealer still gets the credit he also happens to be a good guy to deal with some only want your money.

Mine worked with me. Let me make payments

Easy going Glad when I showed up (of course money in his hands but none the less a nice man to deal with)
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Return to Cargo Trailer Conversions