Camp Critter update 11/6/2013

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby LDK » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 am

CliffinGA wrote:Like the decals Larry, just get it campable so your wife can then tell you to build a bigger one :lol:! Thats your next step so ya'll will be able to take your new camping buddy with you.

Cliff

Hey Cliff

If I had to do it over again I would've made it 5ft wide instead of 4 ft. Who knows, maybe someday. The reason I settled for a TD in the first place is because my wife didn't want to tent camp and also because I didn't have the room for a bigger camper so naturally the teardrop was the solution. :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 am

LDK wrote:
CliffinGA wrote:Like the decals Larry, just get it campable so your wife can then tell you to build a bigger one :lol:! Thats your next step so ya'll will be able to take your new camping buddy with you.

Cliff

Hey Cliff

If I had to do it over again I would've made it 5ft wide instead of 4 ft. Who knows, maybe someday. The reason I settled for a TD in the first place is because my wife didn't want to tent camp and also because I didn't have the room for a bigger camper so naturally the teardrop was the solution. :thumbsup:

Larry,

We decided on teardrops for much of the same reason, wanted a camper, but had no room for a large travel trailer, and like many, after watching RV Crazy a couple of times, we decided, what the heck, let's build a tear!

The Bungalette is 4 wide, and it is cozy. The five wide Blue Yonder will provide more sleeping room (queen size vs. ~double), but the materials to build are a lot more expensive (5 wide ply and 5 wide aluminum).

You will really enjoy the Critter, you'll be surprised how comfortable a 4 wide really can be.
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Carter & Susan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Great job Larry. I really like the look of your tear and congrats on the new grand baby. We're expecting our first grand baby in January.

Any chance you'll be able to join us at My Old Kentucky Home S.P. In September?

Carter
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby LDK » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey Earl

Hopefully the critter will be big enough. My wife is 4'10" and petite and I'm kinda big at 5'11" 195lbs. My feet and head barely touch the front and back walls. In other words we'll be cuddling alot. :lol:

Carter and Susan

Thanks for the invite. When is this gathering in Ky? It might be do-able. I'm hopeing to get done with it by next month.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby LDK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted anything but I did get alittle done. I managed to get the aluminum skin installed with the help of my brother in law. I used 3m 4200 adhesive/sealant around the perimeter and a few brad nails to help hold it on. I didn't have a stapler so I used my brad nailer and I backed the plunger off so it didn't drive it all the way in. After the adhesive dried I went back and tapped the brads down with the narrow end of my tack hammer. It turned out pretty good and my trim will cover it with no problems.
Here is a pic of the 3/4" trim I made.
I also installed the roof vent
Next up is the diamond plate for the front.
When I'm done with all the trim I'll use the last tube of 3m 4200 and attach all the trim and diamond plate. From what I understand once you open a tube of 3m 4200, you have to use it all up. I guess I'll have to time it just right. :lol:
Oh yeah I almost forgot, here is a update pic of my grandson at 3 months old.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Looking good there Larry! Oh, the teardrop looks nice too! :D

You are doing a great job and one huge step closer to taking the Critter out. ( I mean the trailer. :lol: )
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby LDK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Loader wrote:Looking good there Larry! Oh, the teardrop looks nice too! :D

You are doing a great job and one huge step closer to taking the Critter out. ( I mean the trailer. :lol: )

Hey Earl
My grandson is a critter too. A handsome little critter. :lol:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Goodlookin boy and a fine looking tear Larry! Did you paint the top of your vent?

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm

CliffinGA wrote:Goodlookin boy and a fine looking tear Larry! Did you paint the top of your vent?

Cliff

Thanks Cliff

I'm really looking forward to doing things with my grandson when he gets alittle bigger. As far as the roof vent, no I didn't paint it. Thats just the sheet metal top but I guess I could paint it. :thinking:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Naw it matches better than while or get some of that metal paint and spruce it up to make it more sivber.

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm

It looks like the 3M 4200 worked well for you. :thumbsup: Do you have a planned date to be done by or, are you like me: it'll be done when it's done?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby LDK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

S. Heisley wrote:It looks like the 3M 4200 worked well for you. :thumbsup: Do you have a planned date to be done by or, are you like me: it'll be done when it's done?

Hey Sharon

I hope to be (DONE) by the middle of next month. I'll have my last week of vacation then and I really want to do some camping before my vacation is over.
Don't tell bobhenry I'm about done. He'll think I didn't receive the memo. :lol:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby WhitneyK » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:34 am

Larry,

Nice job on the skin.
Bending the trim before installing the skin sounds like a good idea!
I think I'll do that, it wil give me something to do while I'm waiting on funds availability for the skin.
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 am

LDK wrote:Don't tell bobhenry I'm about done. He'll think I didn't receive the memo. :lol:

You will live to regret those words !

Next year when you post your latest renovation or addition to your little home on wheels I WILL be there to tell you

"TOLD YA SO" !

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2:

THEY ARE NEVER "DONE" :hammer:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby campmaster-k » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

Great job Larry. Its exciting to see another build almost finished. I am right behind you. -Kirk
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals