Re: The Pup's Penthouse - 7/17/12 - Flooring

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby Conestoga » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:42 pm

dave, i was just thinking about your project and in came a notify mail that your thread was updated, cool.
build threads are like a reality show.
(oh man who is going to do the first video build thread? or has it been done?)
anyway,
too bad about the window. always look on the bright side, you didn't get a plank in the back of your head! :thumbsup:

keep up the good work!
Conestoga
Donating Member

Postby Conestoga » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

about the thread updates... does anybody else notice these emails arrive delayed, intermittently, or sometimes not at all - and then tada they start again?
Conestoga
Donating Member

Broken Window ...

Postby down under tech » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Dave: Mandie's Penthouse is looking GOOD, Dude. That really sucks about that reckless driver. I would be "urinated", too, that's for sure. :x
See if you can get the other one on Ebay. If not I bet a glass shop can cut a new piece of glass for you. It sounds like everyone there likes watching the "young guy" build his own TD/TTT. It is great the complex staff is watching out for it when you are not present.

Remember, "Build It & They Will Come". This is VERY true.

Take Care, :thumbsup:

Mandy: What happens if someone says "Diet" and you hear them? Do you still wash your mouth out with chocolate?
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

"The Silver Nugget" Build
viewtopic.php?t=35314&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby synaps3 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 pm

I found a replacement on ebay. I'll be getting it later this week, I hope! :)

Conestoga - I don't use the email system... I'm not sure if there is a delay or not.

In either case, you won't miss much until Sunday. I have a test this week in one of my classes, and a lot of work to do for my job, so I probably won't be doing any work until Sunday. It's a big delay, but it means I'll get huge progress next week! ;)
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby vwbeamer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm

:thumbsup:
vwbeamer
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

You've gotten a lot accomplished, in spite of loosing a window to a thoughtless/careless person.

I'm watching and wishing you success! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Broken Window ...

Postby mandy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm

down under tech wrote:Hi Dave: Mandie's Penthouse is looking GOOD, Dude. That really sucks about that reckless driver. I would be "urinated", too, that's for sure. :x
See if you can get the other one on Ebay. If not I bet a glass shop can cut a new piece of glass for you. It sounds like everyone there likes watching the "young guy" build his own TD/TTT. It is great the complex staff is watching out for it when you are not present.

Remember, "Build It & They Will Come". This is VERY true.

Take Care, :thumbsup:

Mandy: What happens if someone says "Diet" and you hear them? Do you still wash your mouth out with chocolate?

Any excuse to eat some good chocolate. :thumbsup: :lol:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Re: Broken Window ...

Postby mandy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:42 pm

down under tech wrote:Hi Dave: Mandie's Penthouse is looking GOOD, Dude. That really sucks about that reckless driver. I would be "urinated", too, that's for sure. :x

I think if you see that car in the garrage that is what will happen to it. ;) :lol:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby down under tech » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

LOL, Mandy: I think Dave needs a pet orangoutang. Remember the Clint Eastwood movie "Any Which Way But Loose", with Clyde, He would use the cop car as his bathroom for #2. He could pay back that crazy driver for you, Dave.

"Right Turn Clyde" !!! :roll:

Mandy, I thought you would take advantage of hearing someone saying "Diet" so you had to wash out your mouth. The things we have to do in life, isn't it terrible? I too, love chocolate. Hershey's Special Dark is my favorite. :twisted:
Last edited by down under tech on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnny D.

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right !" ... Henry Ford

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby John T. Hodgen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 pm

the best was "Scrape the Caddy Clyde" :lol:
Til later by the fire--John T. & Linda 8)
John T. Hodgen
The 300 Club

We Need A Progress Update, Dave

Postby down under tech » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Dave: I hope you did not take my advise and get an orangoutang to take care of the crazy driver or even worse take care of her yourself. If so, I will help bail you out. (LOL) We are worried since you have not posted lately. I like following your post as well as most others are, I'm sure.
Keep us up to date so we don't go into withdraws. :shock: :cry: :roll:

John T: I like "Scrap the Caddy Clyde", too. I forgot about that one. I need to re-watch some of those good old flicks.

Take care all,
Johnny D.

down under tech
Silver Donating Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm

synaps3 wrote:Panel wood= 5mm luaun, around 1/8" thick

Dave: 5mm converts to about 3/16". Don't know if that will throw any kinks in your interior design plans or not. Just thought I'd toss it out there in case.

If my margin of error is within 1/16th" on my build, I'll be happy. :lol:
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:51 am

You may want to try and contat the manufacture of the window and see about replacement
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby synaps3 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 am

Replacement shipped from ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

It ended up costing me nearly twice what I originally paid -- but $53.52 is no amount of money to cry over. I haven't seen the driver since. If I do see her again, she'll get a firm talking to, and me asking to be reimbursed for the window... If she refuses, I figure "what goes around comes around," and it will come back and bite her later. I've found recently that being stern, yet polite goes much farther than being angry. I was actually quite proud of myself for not getting too angry. :)

StPatrón brought up a good point -- that I'm off by 1/16". Luckily, I measure, remeasure, then measure again before doing anything at all... My computer designs represent more of a "general guidelines" than an actual build plan... No problems so far! :lol:

Yesterday, I started putting the luaun on the outside. I tried to do the inside first, but I can't get the luaun to conform to the inner front wall's edge. :roll:
I'll probably have to wet it and let it bend, or come up with some sort of bending jig...

The people of this apartment complex are so strange. The further along I get, the more people ask me about what I'm doing -- and ask if I can build them one! Yesterday, I spent about 2 hours building, and about 3 hours talking to residents about what I'm doing! Everyone is so curious about it. I'm quite happy about this, because no one has any objections, which means the leasing office will definitely leave me alone for the rest of the build. :) Unfortunately, that also means that I have to give tons of people a tour when I'm done. My "Can you give me a tour when you're done?" count is past 30 people. :lol:

I will get some pictures tonight when I'm working -- I hope I didn't send anyone into TTT withdrawal! :vroom:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby Carter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Dave,
Get used to the tours. I finished my standy in 2004. I still give tours at rest areas, gas stations, grocery stores and lots of them at campgrounds. People have a hard time believing a mere mortal can actually build a trailer fit for habitation. If it has any style and grace they have a harder time believing that the same mortal actually designed it before they built it. The most common question I get is "What year is it" I tell them that I built it and finished in 2004. The second question is "Did you build it from plans?'. My answer is "yes I did, I drew the plans before I built it." They oooh and awwww and walk away amazed. Although it's fun I am a bit dismayed. I don't think you would have gotten the same reaction in the 30's, 40's or 50's. People did stuff like this. Not so much now. I'm happy Mike's site is promoting DIY trailers. We might even end up with a plan in an upcoming edition of Popular Mechanics.

Jim
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals