StandUpGuy's TTT (Not-a-RV)

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: StandUpGuy's TTT (Not-a-RV)

Postby StandUpGuy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:09 pm

S. Heisley wrote:I thought about that and the towel and remembered that you had written about all that before. From memory, wasn't it because you have a shower curtain that shields them from the shower water? If you put a hook on the outside of the shower door, you can put a bath towel there and it won't be difficult to grab it when your shower is done. But, you probably already thought about that. You have a well thought-out build. :thumbsup:

Well this is all true. Infact I already have the rod with the curtain in place and that works perfectly. The height of the toilet paper holder is however a reality of a very narrow bathroom. TP lower actually would contact the elbow or the hip.

You are correct I did also thing about the hook on the door outside but in reality the space outside the door is so tight that a hook on the door would really make for a catching situation. I am thinking any wet towel I would want to relocate outside in the screen tent. A wet towel in a tiny tiny trailer is just going to make it dank and damp. So I am going to bring on of those folding cloths drying racks. I want to take the trailer to the beach and a drying rack outside should be just the ticket.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby synaps3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Wow, you sure fit a lot in a small amount of space. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it out camping. :thumbsup:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 pm

synaps3 wrote:Wow, you sure fit a lot in a small amount of space. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of it out camping. :thumbsup:

Yes maybe too much!! :roll:
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 pm

StandUpGuy wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:I thought about that and the towel and remembered that you had written about all that before. From memory, wasn't it because you have a shower curtain that shields them from the shower water? If you put a hook on the outside of the shower door, you can put a bath towel there and it won't be difficult to grab it when your shower is done. But, you probably already thought about that. You have a well thought-out build. :thumbsup:

Well this is all true. Infact I already have the rod with the curtain in place and that works perfectly. The height of the toilet paper holder is however a reality of a very narrow bathroom. TP lower actually would contact the elbow or the hip.

You are correct I did also thing about the hook on the door outside but in reality the space outside the door is so tight that a hook on the door would really make for a catching situation. I am thinking any wet towel I would want to relocate outside in the screen tent. A wet towel in a tiny tiny trailer is just going to make it dank and damp. So I am going to bring on of those folding cloths drying racks. I want to take the trailer to the beach and a drying rack outside should be just the ticket.

Oh, heavens, you're right. You wouldn't want a wet towel inside the trailer unless it was raining and you had no choice. I meant a dry towel to grab when you need it to dry off from your shower. But, you have stated that you have a rod set up that works. Yup!...well thought out. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 pm

I added the safety shower curtain in the bathroom to keep the light towel and TP dry.

StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Since my cushions are thicker than I planned, I had to raise the table up about an inch to make it more a more comfortable height.

StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm

My trailer got a good rain test today it was out in the rain about 45 minutes of a sterady downpour. The roof setup did not leak a drop but one of the side windows leaked and needs to be resealed.

StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 pm

I did the first road test pulling the trailer yesterday and it was bucking on road dips. Today I added more weight to the tongue and it rode much better.

StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 pm

And last of all this evening I have sewn some curtains.

Last edited by StandUpGuy on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Broke out the old camping gear and the new and checked it all out in the front yard today. Everthing happens to match really well and it is completly by accident.

The van is half packed and the list is made for a one night local test run to shake out any bugs, literally and figuratively. Should head out within a week depending on local weather conditions. Wish me luck.

*On edit many years in the future. Added a photo on that maiden camping trip.
Last edited by StandUpGuy on Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Sure looks good. Nice match to the TV and the red screen tent and chairs tie into the curtains and tongue colors (until the tongue turns pink, from what I have heard?... If that happens you can paint it the same darker gray color as you accent stripe).

Nice Job! :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby StandUpGuy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm

KCStudly wrote:Sure looks good. Nice match to the TV and the red screen tent and chairs tie into the curtains and tongue colors (until the tongue turns pink, from what I have heard?... If that happens you can paint it the same darker gray color as you accent stripe).

Nice Job! :thumbsup:

Yeah I heard that about the HF trailer red. Mine is parked in the garage so maybe it is going to a little longer to go pink. Most of my trailer frame is hidden so to paint it should be a little nothing to do.
StandUpGuy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby pappaw » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:49 am

thats one kewl camper. :thumbsup:

Hope you have lots of fun in it. :vroom:

Cheers :beer:
Image Cheers from Granny, Pappaw, and Cocoa (the Dachshund) Image
pappaw
Teardrop Master

Postby aggie79 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 am

pappaw wrote:thats one kewl camper. :thumbsup:

Hope you have lots of fun in it. :vroom:

Cheers :beer:

I agree with pappaw. That is really one nice standy! Very nice work. :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby bikerdudepost » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:56 pm

When I first started building my "tiny trailer" your trailer was was I was looking for! Unfortunately I built mine about 2 years ago. Though it has served well, I think I will retire and resue the old girl and rebuild something like what you have here! I really like your build and it has been my remodel~inspiration! Any idea on the final weight or cost?
bikerdudepost
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals