wyoming gathering august 17-19 WALK THE WINDS 2012

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming & Montana, also Rocky Mountain and Heart of America Chapters of Tearjerkers

RE: "Walk In The Winds" Gathering

Postby JaneV » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Oh, wow,wow,wow, I WILL be there! Mike, I will be happy to help with anything, email me. So exciting to camp with teardroppers right here in my own state.
Jane from Cheyenne
JaneV
Teardrop Builder

Postby parnold » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Are any of you native Wyoming people familiar with Seminoe State Park? I'm hoping to hit that area Tuesday and stay overnight before heading to pinedale.

Steve: I'll be getting to the campground hopefully on Wednesday. I am more than willing to camp in the other section if it looks like you'll need the space.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 am

well i had a delimma here, i could have taken a cruise this year. but then i told the old man that it was the cruise or our trip west. and then i decided it was "west". i told him we are going period. so unless something unforseen happens, we'll be there! we'll be bringing a 13 yr old that doesn't ever want to leave his room and the dog. i know i am looking forward to this.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 am

Best of luck to you Louella. My mother still reminds me to this day of a vacation we took when I was 13 that I ruined for them because I was such a miserable jerk. They took me away from the love of my life (who by the way found another boyfriend while I was gone for the week).
parnold
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 am

parnold wrote:Best of luck to you Louella. My mother still reminds me to this day of a vacation we took when I was 13 that I ruined for them because I was such a miserable jerk. They took me away from the love of my life (who by the way found another boyfriend while I was gone for the week).

i hate to laugh but i just have to, that is too funny! :lol:

last year on my foamies maiden voyage, we took both boys. mine stayed in the car the whole weekend. even the folks that knew us, did not even know he came along. he showed up only once at the pot luck dinner, grabbed some food and back to the car he went. LOL
our chapter director handed out gifts to the maiden voyage td's and i let my son have it to open. it was the only thing that brought a smile to his face when he opened it, and was happy to see he got dynamite! it was really road flares, but he thought it was dynamite. ok i know he is warped. :lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:04 am

is there going to be electric out there? if so i won't have problems with him while there, i can plug some games system in for him. if not, then he'll just have to rough it. :)
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am

There is no electricity except what you can generate yourself. This is a very primitive campground! Check out the whole thread, I think it's pit toilets and no showers. Be prepared!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Louella,

Kind of reminds me of myself in some aspects.
We left Germany for the US when I was 13. Did not want to go. But had to go with mom, no choice at that age. Needless to say, it was the best decision I think my mom ever made.

If I remember right I think you are in Virginia. So he has lots on new country to see. Some of the drive can be pretty boring. Maybe you can have him use the computer to find things a long the way he is interest in. The open spaces out west can be a real eye opener if you choose to see it. Try blending in history with your route if possible. What it would have been like 125 and 250 years before the "Go West, young man" movement started and the changes that came with it.

And last, you are his mom, so you know what is best for him. He may not like it at the time, but perhaps he will realize in time what a great adventure he had, or missed because of attitude.
So hang in there and I look forward to meeting you and your family in August. :thumbsup:
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby sagebrush » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Louella
Bring the dog along . :thumbsup: It will be good for keeping the bears chased away. ;)

Paul
here is a link for Seminoe State park.
http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Site/SiteIn ... ?siteID=11

And some pics downstream of the dam.

Campgrounds are kinda sagebrush and sand. Not good in the wind.
We prefer the canyon below the dam. Several miles past the campcgounds as you are coming from Sinclair. There are vault toilets, fire pits and picnic pables. More protected from the wind and usually quieter.
More Pics in album.
If you have time it is a nice drive on up to Alcova on hwy 220
Getting anxious for August.
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi all, I would like to welcome Jane from Wyoming, we are glad you will join us. I would also like to welcome Louella, the old man and the 13yr old who stays in the car. This is going to be a great gathering. My hope is the 13 yr old will enjoy some new things, outside the car!
We now have 14 trailers , lets keep them coming! Paul, I think we have plenty of room. But if you get there first, you will be our scout. If you feel we don't have enough room in the group site and you don't mind the other camp ground, that would be fine. I don't think you can get into the group site till Thursday anyway. So you may need to stay in the other camp ground for Wednesday night. Then if you feel we have enough space move into the group site.
I am working away on the new teardrop for the Gathering and am really looking forward to August and meeting all of you!
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:59 am

the boy used to love to go camping with me, but as he aged, those darn games got the best of him. LOL
and the dog, well he is a coward, he wouldn't chase a flea, let alone a bear.

i am so looking forward to this. we can handle a weekend without showers, and i have my porta potty, so no worries there.

i am hoping to have the new foamie up and running by that weekend. that is my goal. we are also planning on driving thru south dakota and dropping down to wy, then cut down thru tenn on the return portion. but i have to drive to the badlands, and mt rushmore.

it will be wonderful to meet some of the folks from this site! this is on my bucket list, to go west. i have been trying to get out there for several years now, and this is the year!
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Schedule of events

Postby nrody » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Slow was wondering what events to schedule for the Wyoming gathering. How about a white elephant exchange. Something you already have, want to get rid of but dont want to throw it away and worth under $10 bucks. No one needs to spend any money you just bring something you have and want to get rid of. Of course to make it more interesting it could be teardrop/camping related :D
nrody
Nancy
nrody
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 pm

A raffle, like they do at IRG is another idea. What I like about that is everyone brings something for the raffle, if they have a thing, or even two; and, as each camping guest arrives, he/she is given a set number of raffle tickets...maybe 5? They put their name on the raffle tickets and, just before the raffle takes place, each drops a ticket (or more) into the appropriate cup for the item they'd like to win. When the ticket is pulled, the puller reads off the name. That person wins that item. It sort of becomes a game of chance that way; but if there is something you really want, you can bet all your money on the 'gray horse'. :lol:

(...I hope I explained that correctly. I think I did. )

Even services can be a good bartering/raffle item. Being that there are no showers nearby, an idea for the raffle or even the white elephant thingie might be a certificate good for one solar shower in someone's shower tent, with a stand-by guard/attendant to prevent peeking! HaHa!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby katozzi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 pm

We are in the beginning stages of our first build, but we would love to come! Put us on the maybe list for now until we can get a bit further into our build. --Kate and Anthony Fantozzi from Laramie, Wy
katozzi
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Hope you can make it. I will put you on the "maybe" list.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to North Central