Palo Duro State Park TX, May 13

Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas & Oklahoma

Moderator: 2bits

Palo Duro State Park TX, May 13

Postby Gern Blanston » Thu May 04, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi ya'll,
We've finished our Three Texas Teardrop trailers and are planning an mini-gathering at Palo Duro Canyon in the Texas Panhandle on Saturday May 13. It's short notice, but I know several of you, Laredo, Ed Evans, & others are in the area and I want to invite anyone else who might be passing through to stop by & visit.

There'll be free balloons and beer for the kids! *

Gern

*no, not really.
Gern Blanston
Teardrop Advisor

Postby edevans » Thu May 04, 2006 11:11 pm

Congradulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We have looked at your pics several times and they are great. We will by to visit with you on your first outing. Thanks for sharing. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ed
edevans
The 300 Club

Postby CPASPARKS » Tue May 09, 2006 11:07 pm

Gern,
I plan on pulling my tear up to Palo Duro Canyon on Saturday from Burkburnett. Hope to see you guys there. I may come up on Friday night. If you know where you guys are going to be at, let me know.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby Gern Blanston » Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 am

CPASPARKS: We'll be looking for you, glad you're coming! Saturday forecast is partly cloudy mid 80's, light & variable winds. Should be perfect. (chance of rain Sunday)

We are going to the canyon about noon on Saturday, and hope to find some spots at the Hackberry Camp Area. As of yesterday, the park still had numerous vacancies for Saturday, so it may not be hard to get a good spot.

There is a good printable map here:

http://www.palodurocanyon.com/parkmap.pdf

EdEvans, Laredo, & others: hope to see you as well!

Gern Blanston
Teardrop Advisor

Palo Duro

Postby CPASPARKS » Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 am

I will see you guys on Saturday. I will pull part way and spend the night at Copper Breaks Friday night.
Hope we have more teardroppers come up.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby edevans » Sat May 13, 2006 7:14 pm

Teardrops in Palo Duro Canyon!! In the words of my Grandkids Totally Awsome :R :R Sweet ;) ;) Kwel :thumbsup: :thumbsup: We got to see the 4 teardrops camping in Palo Duro Canyon and meet some of the campers. Nice people and nice trailers.Was really a treat to meet some of the teardrop owners and see the Trailers. Getting really excited to go camping in our tiny trailor but need to finish it first.Made us want a teardrop so Ed is in that state we have seen mentioned here before , trying to finish #1 and already planning #2. Thanks to you guys and ladies for letting us visit and see your trailers and once again they are even cuter then the pictures. Looked so cool setting under the trees in the canyon.Hope you had a teriffic weekend. Ed & Ruby
edevans
The 300 Club

Palo Duro Canyon

Postby CPASPARKS » Mon May 15, 2006 8:39 am

Me and Chloe (my Shih Tzu) enjoyed meeting other teardroppers at Palo Duro Canyon this past weekend. The "Three Texas Teardrops" were unveiled and rolled out on their maiden voyage. Got to meet the three builders and view their new teardrops. To sum it up in one word....AWESOME!!!... :applause: :applause: :applause:

Those guys did a great job and did the teardrop community proud.

I rolled out my new "Yoder Toter" I picked up in North Canton, Ohio a couple of weeks ago. It was great camping. Now I have two teardrop trailers.... :lol:

The teardrops in Texas are growing in numbers!!!.... :D

We had lots of lookers and inquiries....most asked question..."do you sleep in that????...second most asked question..... "where can I get one???...

Almost feel like it was our 15 minutes of fame moment.

**Ed and Ruby...sorry I missed you guys...check your private message I sent you.
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Mon May 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Where are the pics? :(
davel
Donating Member

Palo Duro Canyon

Postby CPASPARKS » Mon May 15, 2006 4:13 pm

Hey Dave,
I forgot my camera! Two of the three builders took lots of pictures. I sent them a PM to post some pictures. Hopefully they will tonight.
I am anxious to see them too.
I know that Mother's Day was busy for you with the Dulcimer fest. But wish yall could have come up. Ed from Amarillo came down to look. It was a great camp. Got pretty hot on Saturday afternoon, but the wildlife was in great abundance in the camp early in the morning and late afternoon.
Lots of deer and wild turkeys came through the camp. They obviously are used to people because Gern said he fed a young doe a piece of bread by hand.
Ed in Amarillo is finishing his tear and Jason in Vernon is finishing his tear. Let's have another gathering soon and get together. As for myself, I am up to just about any weekend. 8)

Hey Gern...post us some pics!
:R
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Postby davel » Mon May 15, 2006 6:04 pm

Cindy and I only have two more campouts planned so far. We're going to Inks Lake week after next and then Atlanta State Park June 1st thru 4th. After that we're ready to go any weekend.
davel
Donating Member

Postby Gern Blanston » Mon May 15, 2006 10:05 pm

Hey guys,
Just a quick post to get a couple of pictures up. I had a great time at the canyon and will try to post some more pictures soon. My only regret is that I missed Ed & Ruby's visit. I think they came by while I was running errands in town.

Kevin, aka CPASPARKS, sure was nice meeting you. This was the first time I ever met an internet person in real life. I hardly felt threatened at all.

My trailer is on the left, Joe's Alpha trailer is on the right, and Kevin is in the background:

Here's a picture of Ron carefully approaching CPASPARKS' Yoder Toter. Is that salsa on the ground or is it the remains of a previous intruder?

And here, some wild turkeys investigate Ron's Bravo trailer:

Gern Blanston
Teardrop Advisor

Palo Duro Canyon

Postby CPASPARKS » Sun May 21, 2006 11:52 pm

Gern,
How about posting more Palo Duro pics?
Kevin
CPASPARKS
The 300 Club

Return to South Central