SCTT Gathering 2010

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

Postby emiller » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:09 pm

No the gathering will go on it just says to unlock the gate and then lock the gate behind you.
emiller
Donating Member

Re: SCTT gathering at Lake Perris

Postby teardrop_focus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Oh boy! Bunches and bunches of teardrop trailers!

:woohoo:

I missed this last year by one week!

What's the dealio with visitors to the gathering? Teardrop enthusiasts who're not camping? Are there restricted visiting times/days?

Thank you!

califyankee

I am headed to the SCTT gathering at Lake Perris next week. I bought a used Camp -Inn a week ago and I am ready to go!

Welcome! You've jumped right in! Have a good time, and if you see someone wandering around that looks like my avatar, pls! Say hi!

:relaxing:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Teardrp DeBono » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

We won't be arriving until Thursday so the gate will be open then. See ya'll there.
'51 Chevy Pickup towing a '46 Kit Manufacturing Teardrop

Deb and Dan De Bono
and our old wire-haired terrorist, Buddy
Teardrp DeBono
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mrsanderson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm

8) Paul and I are really excited about this weekend...this will be our first event every with our new Lil Armadilla....looks like the weather will hold too!! Will be heading up on Friday as soon as I can push the students through my door.... :R
5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics
mrsanderson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Gage » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:Oh boy! Bunches and bunches of teardrop trailers!

What's the dealio with visitors to the gathering? Teardrop enthusiasts who're not camping? Are there restricted visiting times/days?

Thank you!
:relaxing:
Chris, don't worry about a thing. Just show up Saturday and plan on being there all day. You'll most likely have to pay 'Day Use' at the front gate then head to where the teardrops are.

The way it sits right now, I'll be coming down with the black truck and acourse I'll have my blue scooter with me. I'll also have So-Cal Tear Jerkers stickers with me.
See you all Saturday, Oh like that. I don't know what some of the teardrops look like so if you see me scooting around, flag me down.
:)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 am

Thank you, Gage!

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Teardrp DeBono » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 am

mrsanderson wrote:8) Paul and I are really excited about this weekend...this will be our first event every with our new Lil Armadilla....looks like the weather will hold too!! Will be heading up on Friday as soon as I can push the students through my door.... :R

I'll be looking for a lil Armadilla. It sounds cute.

Deb and Dan De Bono
Teardrp DeBono
Teardrop Inspector

Thursday

Postby kartvines » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:43 am

Carolyn and I hope to be there by at least 6 PM, hopefully sooner, it all depending on how long I have to work today to close out the week, we will be showing up with our Blue and White 1965 Scad-A-Bout 8)

The weather looks great and a good start for our Spring gathering. Look forward to seeing if all 162 spots are filled, see you all then.

Mike
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby Teardrp DeBono » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 am

Mike,

Hoping to see your Scadabout as our good friend is a Caliva and he worked on them as a kid.

We are heading out right now and should be there in about three hours.

Deb and Dan De Bono
Teardrp DeBono
Teardrop Inspector

Caliva Brothers

Postby kartvines » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Well my trailer was built by the brothers, earlier one were built by others, I would like to make contact with him, being I have plenty of questions about these trailer and my "rare" ones, so I look forward to it, seek me out so we can talk
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby Otto13 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:41 pm

We visited Lake Perris yesterday and WOW! Cool Teardrops and even better people. A friendlier bunch I have not met. The pride many have taken in their set-ups (and we found out...it's not only about the Teardrops but the entire campsite!) is only outdone by the warmth and welcoming spirit of people willing to share and advise! We were only there for the afternoon but we had a blast! Thank you kind folks! We'll be back next year...in our new Teardrop!
Otto13
Teardrop Builder

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:52 am

^ Well said, sir. I had the same experience.

:thumbsup:

I took a couple of pics... they're posted in another thread, here.

Lake Perris SCTT Gathering pics

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 am

Glad to see you make it home ok. When we last saw each other, believe it or not, I had no idea where I was. I just knew the 215 was that away. :lol: Like that, it was nice seeing you and Tanya again yesterday. So did you make arangements to buy one of the teardrops that was 'For Sale'? :thinking: .... ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 am

:lol: :phew:

Nice to hear you made it home! I went back out the way I came in... via the 60. I just figured you knew where you were going and wanted to hook a left, west to the 215 north for your high desert connection.

:R

I've thought about buying an oldie, then I remembered how much work they eventually need (like right now) and all the work I've done on cars and figured I'd better stick to my plan and build a tear fresh from scratch... that way I get the ride height and profile I'm after as well as something I won't have to restore.

:scratchthinking:

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:53 am

I kind of figured you were headed for the 10. Didn't even think about the 60. I have never been in or out the way we had to go. I should have followed you guys. ;)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Previous

Return to South West