New Year in Death Valley - Final Details

California, Nevada, Utah & Arizona includes Nor. Cal, So. Cal, and Arizona Tearjerkers Chapters

New Year in Death Valley - Final Details

Postby Joanne » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi all,

Here are the details for the New Year in Death Valley gathering.

We will be camping in the Furnace Creek Campground. Death Valley is a National Park so we aren't able to "block" a group of campsites like we could in other locations. Each of you will need to make your own reservations throught the national reservation website. http://www.recreation.gov/

There are still quite a few campsites available but I would suggest making your reservations as soon as possible. I checked this morning and counted about 26 trailer campsites still available.

I am going to be in site #103.
Here is a map of the Furnace Creek Campground. http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/upload/FCCG.pdf

As you make your reservations, please make a post to this thread letting us know your campsite. This will help me in planning the event.

In addition, I have reserved Group Area K for a Saturday night potluck and a Monday New Year's Eve "party".

Here is a link to the NPS visitor guide to Death Valley. http://www.nps.gov/deva/parknews/upload/VisitorGuide2007.pdf

I hope to see you there!!
Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Count us in!

Postby daveleb55 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:07 pm

ThanK you Joanne for heading this up. Let me know if you need help with the plans.

Dave and I have reserved site 104. Now the fun begins....build in warp speed. I do not want to be in the tent with a new four legged campsite vistor around!

Two more to join at site 112 Tami & Pat with a pop up.
:coffee: :hammer: :hammer::hammer: :pinktear:

Kathleen
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

New Years ??

Postby Ken Fincher » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 pm

Sounds like a possability, But there is a good chance that we may be going to Dumont Dunes Ca. W/teardrop for new years or maybe we will go on Halloween usually 1000's of campers & off roaders on Halloween the last presidents day weekend I went there, there was over 10,000 peaple camping, I had my desert rail at the time.

I'll try to find some pics. & put them on my website.

I will play it by ear. :thinking: :wine party: :wine party: :cheerswine: :guzzle:

P.S. Joanne I do not think you have to worry about the masked bandits!!

Ken F.
:Flippin Burger: :campfire: :picnic:
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby BruceB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:08 am

Hi Joanne-
thanks for putting this together. Looks like we'll be neighbors again - I took space #105.

Bruce
BruceB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joanne » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:06 pm

BruceB wrote:Hi Joanne-
thanks for putting this together. Looks like we'll be neighbors again - I took space #105.

Bruce

Bruce,

How have you been? Glad to hear that you are going to join us!! I'll be watching for you.

Joanne

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:44 pm

By the time we deside it will be to late....

But I looks like a good set up

http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/camping.htm

Ron Dickey
Los Osos, CA
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby outbackteardrop » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:36 am

Did someone mention DESERT?!?! Of course you can count us in. We reserved space #8 just north of you guys.

Larry, Diane & Goober Sorensen
Outback Teardrop
outbackteardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 am

Ron,

There are additional campsites in the Sunset campground (close to furnace creek). It doesn't have fire rings and such, but it should have enough camping sites available. Since we have the two group site for Saturday and Monday, we will have plenty of room for folks to get together.

http://www.death.valley.national-park.com/camping.htm#camp

Joanne

Ron Dickey wrote:By the time we deside it will be to late....

But I looks like a good set up

http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/camping.htm

Ron Dickey
Los Osos, CA

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Joanne » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:46 am

Larry & Diane!

A big welcome to the forum! I know you have heard this over and over, but when I first started to think about building, yours was the only website that had any details about building one. It really helped me think through the design of my Desert Dawg. My website was inspired by the Outback site.

I'm glad to hear that you are going to join us. It looks like it's going to be a small gathering, but that's OK with me. It'a a beautiful location and a great time of year. Some of the folks from Expedition Portal joining us as well so it's going to be an off-road crowd. Maybe we can get a few of us together and do a little back-country exploring.

I look forward to meeting you and Diane.

Joanne

outbackteardrop wrote:Did someone mention DESERT?!?! Of course you can count us in. We reserved space #8 just north of you guys.

Outback Teardrop

Universal Health Care
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby grant whipp » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:15 pm

outbackteardrop wrote:Did someone mention DESERT?!?! Of course you can count us in. We reserved space #8 just north of you guys.

Outback Teardrop

Well ... Dayuummmm, Sorensens!

Why didn't you tell me you were gonna reserve for this, you rascals!

I just tried registering and reserving site #7 ... but after 15 minutes of frustration, I ended up calling their national # and found out that they're "updating the website" and R&Rs are offline 'till 10/17 ... can't even reserve by phone ... :shock: ... so, please ... don't anybody take our spot ... :worship: ...!

Yep ... I said OUR ... Lisa wants to go on this one ... :applause:

Keepin' our fingers crossed that everything works out and we can actually make it ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby outbackteardrop » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:16 am

Hey Whipp,

You have the perfect photo.....just getting out of bed.

You snooze, you loose. :SH GET WITH THE PROGRAM WHIPP!!!!

Larry
outbackteardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tupelosue » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 am

Okay, I'm in. Slow but steady, sue always (almost) shows up when there are teardrops gathered.

I'm in #51, will be your backyard neighbor, Joanne and Bruce. Hope I can tresspass to get to the loo.

Grant, I just made my res this am (mon, oct 8) the site isn't closed down until Oct 12, so try again....

As of right now I'm planning to head to Moab on Nov 1, so that will be my practice run for heading to Death Valley!!
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour!

tupelosue
The 300 Club

Postby grant whipp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:38 am

tupelosue wrote:... Grant, I just made my res this am (mon, oct 8) the site isn't closed down until Oct 12, so try again....

Hi, Sue!

You must be a member ... I'm not! Tried to register, before, but there was no submit button (still not ... I checked) ... that's when I called and found I'm frozen out 'til 10/17 ... hopefully there will be a site or two left close to the group ... :worship: ... Steve tells me someone has already snagged site #7 for the weekend ... :x

Looking forward to seeing you there!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:15 am

outbackteardrop wrote:Hey Whipp,
You have the perfect photo.....just getting out of bed.
You snooze, you loose. :SH GET WITH THE PROGRAM WHIPP!!!!
Larry

Aw, my replacement has arrived. Took you long enough. ;) I can now go on vacation and start organizing the SoCal chapter of the Tear Jerkers. Welcome aboard Larry (or is it Diane). :thinking:
You guys going to be at Spamboree next weekend?
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby outbackteardrop » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:07 am

Gage,

Nobody can replace you. You're one of a kind! We didn't know about Spamboree. We've been out of the loop for a while.

Joanne,

Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to meeting you and the others. Thanks for organizing this event. I've spent my whole life playing out in all the deserts and never been to Death Valley. Sure is a lot to see and do. Can't wait.

Grant,

Forget Teardrop time. HURRY UP!!!!

Larry
outbackteardrop
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to South West