construction journal web site

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

construction journal web site

Postby David Beckett » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm sure this is a repeat but hey, I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know of a good free web site to upload my build log?
David Beckett
Teardrop Builder

Postby john » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Yahoo photos. Free and unlimited.
Build I -- Scenic ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8121727@N04/
Goto the Tear Build file

Build II -- Scenic II ---
viewtopic.php?t=29603

Build III -- Scenic Solo---
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50324

Travel Blog----Now without Political Commentary
http://polifrogblog.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -2009.html

The Constitution was ratified, not an interpretation thereof...

Penomeli ikibobo
john
john
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:01 am

Is your journal already made or are you writing it as you go along. Mine is hosted at Journalspace for free. I do post my pics elsewhere like geocities and http://www.teardrops.us.

Journalspace is more of a blog site but it works for me. I want to journal the build as I go along so that I don't forget things later. Lately, I am exceeding my bandwidth, but there are things I can do in the interim to fix that. I plan on making a full blown site in the future with paid hosting. I just have to complete a trailer first.

The problem with Yahoo photos is that you can't link to them. I found that out myself when I started. That's why people just post the link to their album. But if that's all you need, it will work just fine.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Web site

Postby jlrelp » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 am

I used freeservers.com

you can built your on web site but it does have ads on it
John
jlrelp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby subtearanean » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 pm

http:/www.teardrops.us seems to work for me right now, I've got a sloppy site up on there now.

http://tinyurl.com/4tghb

Allows you to link to photos also. Main page stated that it is unlimited space, with generous restrictions on size for uploading etc.

So far, so good. If you don't mind simple.
subtearanean
Teardrop Master

free web site to upload build log

Postby KZ76017 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:03 am

have you seen the Flickr Beta?
It's a place to put your photos and share then with your friends and family or just leave them open to the public. it's pretty cool!8)
oh and did I mention, IT'S FREE!

Check out the slideshow at my flickr photo page: Slide show :thumbsup:

http://www.flickr.com/
KZ76017
Teardrop Master

website

Postby David Beckett » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:02 am

Thanks for the info everyone. I've just started my first tear and posted this pictures on www.webshots.com. I use the captions for text about the construction.
David Beckett
Teardrop Builder

Postby David Grason » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:39 am

Well, we need to be able to see them. Somewhere you should be able to make your photos shareable and then post a link for us to click on.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Re: website

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:55 am

David Beckett wrote:Thanks for the info everyone. I've just started my first tear and posted this pictures on www.webshots.com. I use the captions for text about the construction.

Hey David,

What is your login name over at webshots? We'd like to look at your photos!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby dovaka » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:45 am

i own a web hosting company and was thinking of offering free hosting for tear people when i move my server to a new facility that is alot cheaper how much demand would there be for something like this or is someone else allready doing it
dovaka
The 300 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:08 pm

I would be interested - already looking for options to post my photography. Even if I were paying for a non-teardrop site. I'm sure others here would be as well. BTW, I spent what seemed like an eternity at Ft Devens back in the mid 70's. I do have a few good memories though... :twisted: Can't remember the name of the nightclub... :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby purplepickup » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:48 pm

I'd be interested in webspace but don't know the first thing about html or creating a webpage. Right now I use Geocities because their "page builder" takes care of everything for me. I'm about to start a teardrop site showing my ideas and work progress.

I have 7 free Webshots albums to post albums of my different interests but you can't link to their pictures so I pay PictureTrail $19/yr to host pictures to post on forums. I'm on some real active hotrod forums and post lots of pictures. Photography is another of my hobbies.
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby dovaka » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:02 pm

well i was thinking about offering space free or at minimal cost if you need a lot of space or have really really high traffic
once my new server is in place ill have about a terabyte of extra space so i figure i might as well donate some of it to my new obcession
dovaka
The 300 Club

Postby subtearanean » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:14 pm

DestinDave wrote: BTW, I spent what seemed like an eternity at Ft Devens back in the mid 70's. I do have a few good memories though... :twisted: Can't remember the name of the nightclub... :lol:

Mohawk? Buttercup?
subtearanean
Teardrop Master

Postby asianflava » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:55 pm

dovaka wrote:well i was thinking about offering space free or at minimal cost if you need a lot of space or have really really high traffic
once my new server is in place ill have about a terabyte of extra space so i figure i might as well donate some of it to my new obcession

Yep count me in, I'm interested. I seem to be exceeding my bandwidth (which isn't much) on a regular basis.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion