Hey Russ How you doing?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Bed view of the front showing Fridge, Toaster and Toaster oven and sink basin.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby parnold » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

You must really be enjoying the warmer weather now!
parnold
Donating Member

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Microwave on the left with 40 cup coffee maker used for hot water. Dirty laundry on the bottom. Got to get that out of there.
Long time researching the abandoned South Pennsylvania Railroad along the Pennsylvania Turnpike. God will guide me. As he has done so in the past. southpennrailroad.com
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Better view of the cabinet at the foot of the bed. I always have to crawl in but it works.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:29 pm

This cabinet is made from very light luan and hold real well. I equate this to the egg trailers kitchen cabinets.

southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:34 pm

All this has to come out for me to insulate it. But you can see I was having all the comforts of home and still had floor space to get dressed and be comfortable. Oh internet as well. Also notice the screen doors at the door sections. I have the Vornado roof fan. Also the 2000 i generator which every night I bring in and place at the side door.
Last edited by southpennrailroad on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm

parnold wrote:You must really be enjoying the warmer weather now!

Yep the door stays open and I use very little propane. Might get two weeks out of this tank.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm

When I insulate I will be adding more wall plugs as well one at my bed for the lap top and external hard drive and light, one at the toaster for the 40 cup coffee maker/hot water tank and another near the front door. I already know not to use all appliances at once. What i havn't been in this for almost a year? :lol:
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Not seen is my 16 gallon fresh water tank behind the porta potty seen in one of the pics. battery's are under the bed on the passenger side of the back door area.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I think I will make the bed a little smaller for more floor space as well as lower the bed to put in a bunk above for the grand daughter to sleep. She is asking to camp.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Well the temps up on top the Somerset Mountain plateau is 67 degrees out yet the snow persists up here. I have my vent fan running. I can't park in the grass as it is to soggy.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Postby steve smoot » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Thanks for posting Russ. Sorry it took me until Friday to get back to your post, I have been on facebook too much this week...lol...

Your camper must be a large teardrop? It looks like you have a door on each side? You sure got a lot of stuff in a small space :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pic's.

Steve
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby southpennrailroad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Steve it is a 6x10 cargo.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

Moving it.

Postby digimark » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Russ. The pictures tell a good story. How well does all that stuff handle the drive when you move the trailer? Anything special you do to lock things down? -Gary
--
-- Gary Goldberg/Chesapeake Beach, MD/KA3ZYW
-- http://www.digimark.net/og/
digimark
Teardrop Master

Postby southpennrailroad » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:26 am

I use bungee cords with hooks to secure things in. Some still gets out on speed bumps but no damage. Still always working on it.
southpennrailroad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion