Sliding doors in Galley Cabinets -Tinkering with

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 11:05 am

I notice that the Album pages have a different look to them... Maybe that's just the newer version and the folks at phpbb overlooked that thing with the script.
Gee... I guess I just got lucky because that was the first and only thing that I tried...

Postby mikeschn » Wed May 25, 2005 11:10 am

The album pages look different because I switched it from loading each photo in a window, to allowing you to scroll back and forth between photos.

the only snafu is that because the pictures are loaded in descending order, when you go to click on next, there are no more photos. You have to click on previous to see all the photos. I am thinking about changing the order to ascending.. :o

Mike...

P.S. The version of the Album did not change.

P.P.S. I just changed the order to ascending... I like it much better! :D
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby len19070 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:19 am

I used/built Sliding doors in my Galley. I liked them so much I used them on the inside too. Mine is a copy of a 1947 trailer and in the photos I had it had doors that swung up. Making it necessary to clear the counter top of all tall items so you could open the door. Inside as well they cured the problem of "ducking your head" every time you want to open a cabinet. Also unless you hinged an interior door in the center of the coach. When the door is open you block your entrance door opening, or at least the upper part. With the sliding doors you don't have to get into the coach to get, or put something in the cabinet.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/len19070/ ... 3f&.src=ph

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Geron » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:18 am

len19070 wrote:I used/built Sliding doors in my Galley. I liked them so much I used them on the inside too. Mine is a copy of a 1947 trailer and in the photos I had it had doors that swung up. Making it necessary to clear the counter top of all tall items so you could open the door. Inside as well they cured the problem of "ducking your head" every time you want to open a cabinet. Also unless you hinged an interior door in the center of the coach. When the door is open you block your entrance door opening, or at least the upper part. With the sliding doors you don't have to get into the coach to get, or put something in the cabinet.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/len19070/ ... 3f&.src=ph

Happy Trails

Len

Yeah, yeah, I like that. that's what I have to do. Now, just to get it done :roll:

Gonna get those cabin doors completed and hung first.

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby angib » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:31 am

I was on an really old wooden yacht recently which had sliding doors - to stop the doors sliding open at sea, a cotter pin ('split pin' in the US?) was pushed through a hole in the middle of the upper track/rail, where it went through the overlap of both doors. The pin was brass and it was on a thin brass chain so it couldn't be lost - it looked absolutely lovely against 70 year old varnished wood and apparently worked a treat.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Chris C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:37 am

Andrew..................."worked a treat"? I love to listen to you British. I once had a girlfriend who came from Southport. God how I loved to listen to her talk. I'll never forget her telling of her first visit to the US. She checked into a hotel and called the desk from her room asking if they would please have someone "knock her up in the morning". I can only imagine what the desk clerk must have imagined..............when all she wanted was a wakeup call. :rofl:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby asianflava » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:07 pm

angib wrote:a cotter pin ('split pin' in the US?) was pushed through a hole in the middle of the upper track/rail,

It's still a cotter pin here
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby angib » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:34 pm

Chris C wrote:"worked a treat"?

Yeah, I admit it, I do save up such expressions for use on predominantly American sites - most people do like to have their stereotypes reinforced, eh? But I try to keep away from the 'spiffing wheeze', 'corker' and 'old chap', even with Terry Thomas alongside.

Worst error? Complimenting a Canadian lady on her "wooly jumper" (ie, sweater) - I still don't know what she thought it meant but, boy, was she offended!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Chris C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:49 pm

"WOOLY JUMPER" :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: Andrew, if I can get off the floor and stop laughing......................................Oh well, you Brits are a HOOT, to say the least.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby catrinka » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:59 pm

The one that gets me is when Americans talk about humping.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby angib » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:08 am

Sticking with the same subject, those Merkans seem to have a dance called 'The Shag'.
We do not have that dance in Britain. :no:
Well, we certainly do have it, but it's not really what you'd call a dance. :oops:
Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:59 pm

angib wrote:Sticking with the same subject, those Merkans seem to have a dance called 'The Shag'.
We do not have that dance in Britain. :no:
Well, we certainly do have it, but it's not really what you'd call a dance. :oops:
Andrew

The Horizontal Mambo?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve Frederick » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:01 pm

Geron, Just took a peek at your build journal! You've got a really petty Tear there!! :thumbsup: :applause: Your work looks to be first rate!! Nice job!
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby TomS » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:14 pm

I'm a little late on this thread. But, I am putting sliding doors on both my galley and cabin cabinets.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Geron » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:05 pm

Steve Frederick wrote:Geron, Just took a peek at your build journal! You've got a really petty Tear there!! :thumbsup: :applause: Your work looks to be first rate!! Nice job!

Thanks, Steve. If I could just get back to it. Been stymied now for about a month or so. Busy, busy busy.

Geron
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques