Hello all!

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello all!

Postby aammmar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:07 am

I am new to the site. I joined 7 April but I have been browsing around the site for quite awhile. I found it by accident. When I retired I wanted to travel but didn't want to buy a truck and I saw these little guys on Ebay and that started the hunt. I am planning a trip out West (Washington State) where I was born and raised. I still have family there.

Now that was an ear-full. Hope to hear from everyone because I am sure I will need help eventually. There are some beautiful teardrops on this site, which I call mobile works of art. They are amazing.

Margie
Last edited by aammmar on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Laughter is life's music."
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mary K » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:28 am

Hooray, another Floridian! :banana:

Welcome!! You have found a great place here. As you might already know, we love the pictures. So post em if ya got em.

I like to use photobucket.com. Its easy, and they have automatic links by each picture you can copy/clip to post here on the forum.

Make sure you check out where the gatherings are and join us for a campout.

Also check out the Tearjerkers forum There is a Florida Chapter, and gatherings are listed there too.

Enjoy,

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:43 am

Image to the playground Margie. Glad to hear you are enjoying your TD. Even better to hear you are working on it. We have some perfect looking TD's but most have their little quirks. I put a bunch in mine. 8) ;)

Now you need to get the camera out so you can keep that bubble oil level. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby aammmar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:50 pm

Last edited by aammmar on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Hey Margie,

Welcome to the forum...

Pics... yea, we need pics... and hurry, please!!! :lol:

Once you get them downloaded from your phone, if you need help getting them in your album, click on the Help with Photos up there in the menu.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Mike

Postby aammmar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome! As I said, I have been wandering around the site for awhile and finally decided to join. I need to attend some of the get-togethers. There don't seem to be many in Florida this summer. But there is one in NC that I think I may attend; sounds like a good one to start with.

I was in Kansas for three months. Retirement is great - come and go as I please.

Anyway, hope to meet lots of people on the site.

Margie
Last edited by aammmar on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Hey Mary K

Postby aammmar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:12 am

I haven't found many camping trips for the Florida Chapter. Where do you find them? I know the site but nothing is posted but the one for the National Meet. Can you help a fellow Floridian out?

There is one in NC that sounds great but nothing in Florida. Maybe smaller groups of Tear Jerkers?

Margie
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:28 am

:o Wow, your right. Looks like you girls need to stir one up in your area. Mary K loves to camp. Don't forget to look at the Georgia list too. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum Margie. There is several of us Teardroppers in the Kansas City area so next time your heading this way give us a heads up and we'll try to put a impromptu gathering together for you while your here.
Gary and Trudy
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby aammmar » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:03 am

I just arrived home from Kansas City, KS 3 April. I was there for three months. I was there previously for one month. My brother lives there and I visit frequently. On my way out west, I will stop in and say hi to him. I guess it is a small world. But I will have to take you up on your offer in the spring and summer, it is really cold up there! I was visiting Dec, Jan, Feb, and Mar -- kinda funny since I live in Florida.

Margie
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Re: Hey Mary K

Postby Mary K » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 am

aammmar wrote:I haven't found many camping trips for the Florida Chapter. Where do you find them? I know the site but nothing is posted but the one for the National Meet. Can you help a fellow Floridian out?

There is one in NC that sounds great but nothing in Florida. Maybe smaller groups of Tear Jerkers?

Margie

These are links found under the U.S. Chapters in the Tearjerkers forum. :thumbsup:

2008 Florida Gatherings

2008 Georgia Gatherings

There is LCG III in October. Its in Shreveport Louisiana, and there is a huge turnout of Teardroppers. LCG II Picture Link It was a Blast Last year.

Aunti M, A NW Florida Gathering would be cool but, I don't know if I could organize a Gathering...I'm not that organized. :oops:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby elmo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Margie and Welcome!!

Mary...just post in advance...Hey I am planning a camping trip on this date...anyone want to come?? I'll bring the burgers if someone bring the beans...next thing you know 10 TD's show up and then the next year 20...see where I am going with this?? I guess I could draw you a picture!! :roll:

Mary...by the way...did you know it was pick on Mary Day??? :twisted: :R
It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:57 am

:disappointed: Again...... :crying1:

Mk ;) :lol:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby elmo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 am

Mary K wrote::disappointed: Again...... :crying1:

Mk ;) :lol:

:yes:

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.
elmo
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:26 pm

:lol: You are not right Elmo. :lol:

Sorry for the Hijack Margie. :oops:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves