Mobile Galley ...

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Mobile Galley ...

Postby GPW » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 am

Well, seems like I'm stuck with this new Atwood 3 burner and oven combo ... :o Just can't see it going to waste ... and since cooking is one of my "things" I had the thought of making a complete mobile Kitchen ... just build it around the stove , and a dorm fridge , sink and prep area, couple igloos and a small cabinet for pots, tools , etc. .. One of the things we found was that with our particular style of camping (EVAC) sometimes it's difficult to find a place to cook ... Everybody needs to eat , and I always found myself cooking for everybody .. :o Now If I had my own "rig" this would be EASY ... Any ideas ...???

Money is no object because I have none ... :roll: :lol:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 am

Maybe this is a Not so Good idea huh ??? :oops:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 am

Can you pull tandums in Louisiana ?

Fit sweetly on the 40 x 48 HF trailer that was under eggbert

I built the side tables 2 weekends ago here is a bit more info on this thread...............http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=815152&highlight=#815152
Last edited by bobhenry on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby parnold » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 am

Bobhenry:

That is one well thought out design. I know I've seen it here before, but never commented on it. I"m tempted to build one of those on my little trailer frame, even if only to pull it with my lawn tractor for family barbeque's at my house. What a cool factor.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Wimperdink » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:55 am

I've been wanting to put together a camp trailer for friends and family. They all tent camp and carry a large stainless grill in the back of a pickup. I was wanting to build them something that could store all their camping gear, tents, chairs, umbrellas, games etc and have a full on kitchen in the rear. I was eyeing out Bobs lil chuckwagon some time ago but never did accomplish anything with it.

Idea is great... me making it happen, probably not.

I wish I had the cash, I eyed your stove when you had it for sale but I just can't afford extras right now, especially when I'd only be buying it for asthetics. Its much nicer than the 1964 version I'm currently using. :)
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 am

BH, That is really an Excellent design !!! :thumbsup: I think we can pull tandems ??? Not sure !! But we always take two vehicles , so the trailer with one , the kitchen with the other ... That'll work !!! :thumbsup:

Dink , If I had the cash , I'd buy one of Schaney's "Airstream looking" (all Aluminum) Cargo box trailers and convert it .... :thumbsup: Quick ,no worries ... Now that's IF I had the cash .... which I don't ... But I have the stove ,, a propane bottle and regulator ,Water tank , pots and pans, dishes, etc. etc. ... and a couple Igloos ...that's a start ... :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs