Camp Critter update 11/6/2013

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Last edited by canned o minimum on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:12 pm

What a beautiful spot fer yer first camping trip !! I too would rather it be a bit cold rather than hot.

Ahhh...the "troubles" with "couples" camping. I'm sure y'all will work out sumthin tho.

Congrats !! Now ..let the compromisin begin !

Happy Camping !!!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Larry time to start build #2 make it 5-6' and with 2 doors or cut a second door out :lol: or go camping alone :cry:.

Cliff (& Sheri) :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 am

Well it looks like I'm gonna be lone wolf Larry from now on when it comes to camping. My wife finally got through to me that she just does not like to camp. This was only her 2nd camping trip, the 1st time was when she was a kid. I asked her if it would make a difference if I built a bigger camper and she said no. She feels bad about it and I do too but I'm not going to bug her about it anymore. She is just not the outdoorsey type. All I can say now is there will be more room for me. :thumbsup: I like to hunt and fish and now I can camp while doing it. I can also take my grandson camping when he get alittle bigger. The Camp Critter will be used, just not as much as I had hoped.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 am

My wife was of similar mind ! I think this is where the gatherings help out a great deal. While mine is not a camping nut she loves people and cooking in that order. The gatherings are like an extended family reunion and just wandering and visiting is a good time. Mine passes out in full sun and has every allergy known to man but she won't miss a chance to visit with our new friends. Perhaps if you begged and pleaded for one trial run then hook up with the KY Tearjerkers and make one of their outings. It is totally different than primative camping.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby aggie79 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:11 am

Larry,

I've been scrambling on my build and somehow missed your post about your first camping trip. Your teardrop looks beautiful as did your campsite.

My wife likes to camp, but does not like primitive camping, so we only go to state parks. Bob Henry is definitely on to something - an outing is a great place for a non-camper to attend. There are usually activities, planned and unplanned, visiting with good people (that you don't already know), and great cooking. I think she may find a gathering interesting.

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby CliffinGA » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

You never know Larry ya'll hook up with another couple that she can do stuff with at a place with Hot/Cold showers and electricity she might enjoy it more. Once I get mine done and the truck running better, Sheri and I my have to come up to Ky and camp with ya'll. If anyone can sell someone on camping its Sheri :lol:, she has a job offer from Lil guy to prove it :lol: (joke). We've prinmitive camped 1 time in our little tear and although it was agreat time with friends, we like the state parks and other campgrounds, I and my back love a hot shower a little too much :lol:.

Cliff (& Sheri) :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Congratulations, Larry and Becky, on your first trip! It looks like you got to enjoy the beautiful fall foliage, too! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby WhitneyK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Larry & Becky,

Another thought for you. My wife and I are not "campers" per say, we like nature, to get out doors, see the wildlife and the such, :snappy: but to just sit around "camp" for days, nope, not our cup of tea. (bores me to tears and drives me nuts! :crazy: ) I'm mainly building this so we have a place to sleep. Let's face facts here, I don't have the best paying job so when we went on a 2 week vacation last year, I can't afford $1400 for motels $> , so we "camped" each night in the van. :goodnight: It's do-able, but there had to be a better way. I didn't want to "drag" a big 'ol camper up & down the roads nor spend the money to purchase a large tow vehicle to do so.

When we travel, we try to get the most "bang for our buck". I can "lay around" at home :relaxing: , we wanna see stuff! :awesome: Last year we went through 9 states and logged over 5200 miles. :? We get up early, stay out late, and when we get to a place to sleep, that's exactly what we want to do. :goodnight: I don't want to take the time to set up a tent and I sure ain't gonna pay $100 for 6-8 hrs use of a room. (6 hrs sleep would've sure been nice on that trip). We visit the state and national parks, chasin' down critters. My wife wants to "stick & move, come on, we gotta go, go, go!!!".(even when I'm kapoot, gosh what a slave driver I married. :noyes: Heck, I'd have PAID for sleep on that trip, whew!) :SH

Anyway, our intentions are to drag our little bedroom along with us, :vroom: when it's time to sleep (heavan help me), we'll just pull in to our destination (or parking lot), get out, get in, and go to sleep. Like someone on the site stated "I want a place to sleep where I know the sheets are clean".(& no bed bugs) It is nice to find camping areas with flush toilets and hot showers. Utah had some great sites. :poop: But we are planning on using it more locally as well (Kentucky, TN) Shucks, we only eat about once a day on vacation too! (ain't got time for that nonsense, grab a little Debbie and a pack of crackers and let's go! :chips: )

You two are welcome to follow along with us on the next "excursion" if ya want. :lol:

Just thought I'd throw that in there for what it's worth...
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Billy K » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Nicely finished, Larry!

Looks like a beautiful spot for a first trip.

If'n the Missus is willing a Gathering might be an easy to sell compromise...if not; whata we gonna catch for supper??
"...influence is no government." - George Washington
Billy K
Teardrop Master

Postby kevingb » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:53 pm

It is so cool to see a start to finish and then campsite photo. You did an excellent job.
kevingb
Donating Member

Postby LDK » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I just want to thank you guys again for the comments and advice. Its been awhile since I've done anything to the critter but I did recently finish my hatch props. I decided to use props because I thought gas struts wouldn't work that well with a hasp.

Now I just need to finish my hatch rain diverters
Thanks for looking
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby kinto » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

looking great man! :applause:

kent
:)
Is a hippopotamus just a really cool opotamus?

imay ildbay urnaljay

kinto
Gold Donating Member

Postby LDK » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Its been awhile but here is the latest critter update, new curtains and a new cover.
I ordered this curtain fabric off ebay and this was my 2nd choice. The ones I really wanted (with nothing but teardrop campers on it) were sold out. No doubt scarfed up by teardroppers. :lol:

I also bought a new cover for the critter and it fits like a glove. http://www.pahaquecustom.com/

Oh yeah, I also got alittle decal crazy and put a face on the critter. :lol:
Last edited by LDK on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby Loader » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Looks great Larry. That cover should provide some good protection. :thumbsup:
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals