"The X-II" 5-Wide Convertible Teardrop

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: The X-II - 02/27/2012 - Screen and Vinyl Roof

Postby Oldragbaggers » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Gadzooks, Zach. I have been off the board for a few weeks. When last I checked you had plywood with filler on it, and now you've got a practically finished teardrop. I don't know how in the world you do it. I'm still waiting for warmer weather to resume construction. You've built a whole camper while I've been watching NCIS reruns.

It really looks terrific. You have a talent for this, no doubt about it. You are creative and a bit of a visionary. I LOVE the whole design. The execution is beautiful too. And man are you f-a-s-t!!!!

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. You're a catch. My guess is, you won't be single long.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Oldragbaggers wrote:Gadzooks, Zach. I have been off the board for a few weeks. When last I checked you had plywood with filler on it, and now you've got a practically finished teardrop. I don't know how in the world you do it. I'm still waiting for warmer weather to resume construction. You've built a whole camper while I've been watching NCIS reruns.

It really looks terrific. You have a talent for this, no doubt about it. You are creative and a bit of a visionary. I LOVE the whole design. The execution is beautiful too. And man are you f-a-s-t!!!!

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. You're a catch. My guess is, you won't be single long.

Thanks Becky! See all the fun you miss if you don't check in with us every day?! :R

Took a trip to good ole' Harbor Freight today. Had a coupon for their 800 watt generator, so I decided to get it. Its just a tiny little thing!

Didn't really know what to expect when I started it up, but I'll just say I'm extremely pleased! It isn't very loud at all!

And before some high-roller comes along and says something ignorant like "well I guarantee that its not as quiet as my Honda generator", let me just say that I paid a whopping $89 for this little thing, so I don't give two shits about your fancy shmancy Honda generator which probably cost more than 10 times that 8) :thumbsup:

It easily fits in the lower galley for transporting. Yes, this thing is TINY!! All it will probably be used for is charging the battery when I'm boondocking and need a little extra power.

Last edited by absolutsnwbrdr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Billy K » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 pm

EZ there, Zach... some one may think you a bit uppity about saving that much.... :D

Nice work, as usual... well thought and planned..you sure you are not an engineer-type? :R

You sir, are a joy to follow along with...Thanx for the journey!!
"...influence is no government." - George Washington
Billy K
Teardrop Master

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Billy K wrote:EZ there, Zach... some one may think you a bit uppity about saving that much.... :D

Nice work, as usual... well thought and planned..you sure you are not an engineer-type? :R

You sir, are a joy to follow along with...Thanx for the journey!!

LOL thanks Billy! I was just in a bad mood when I posted yesterday. Just been irritated at some posts I've read on the forum lately, where someone will suggest a $20 solution for a problem, and another individual flames back for not spending $200 to fix the issue.

Anyway, I've worked for both engineers and architects, so I've been able to experience both the worlds of design and application.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby Boanerges4 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm

I would take the 89 dollar generator all day long. What kind of coupon did you have? If I find a coupon I will certainly purchase one. the last time I checked we were still in a recession, so Ill take the difference in price and fill up on 4 dollar a gallon gas. Thanks :R
Boanerges4
Teardrop Advisor

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Boanerges4 wrote:I would take the 89 dollar generator all day long. What kind of coupon did you have? If I find a coupon I will certainly purchase one. the last time I checked we were still in a recession, so Ill take the difference in price and fill up on 4 dollar a gallon gas. Thanks :R

It was in their March retail flyer. Most of the flyers have the generator coupon @ $109 (Reg. $179) but my flyer was different than the flyer that my friend got. My flyer said something about it being the last issue that I would receive unless I renewed the "subscription" by having a store scan the one barcode. So my flyer had a few better coupons, one of them for the generator @ $89. Even at $109 the generator is a heck of a buy!
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

So with a 20% off coupon you could have gotten it for $71.00?

Is it two cycle?
parnold
Donating Member

Postby bigblockbarry » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey Zach,
I have my coupon too. It was in this month's motorcyclist magazine. It will have to wait till next month though,Frank Bear got all my money this month. :thumbsup:
bigblockbarry
Donating Member

Postby Oldragbaggers » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 pm

bigblockbarry wrote:Hey Zach,
I have my coupon too. It was in this month's motorcyclist magazine. It will have to wait till next month though,Frank Bear got all my money this month. :thumbsup:

Frank Bear can do that. Nice doors though.
Life is sooooo good.........
Sail...camp....bike...repeat
Becky

Build Journal http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=45917
Visit our blog at http://www.oldragbaggers.com
Image Image
Oldragbaggers
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 pm

...And before some high-roller comes along and says something ignorant like "well I guarantee that its not as quiet as my Honda generator", let me just say that I paid a whopping $89 for this little thing, so I don't give two shits about your fancy shmancy Honda generator which probably cost more than 10 times that ...

HaHaHaHa! :lol: :thumbsup: Lovit, Lovit, Lovit!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby StPatron » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 am

Just fantastic, Zach!!! I think you speak for many here. Reading that post just made my day!!

You don't know how many times I've had to bite my tongue. Ok... there were a coupla times I didn't. :lol:

I've been wanting some good objective reports on that unit, so will be interested in any more observations you have.

PS: If I had a daughter, I'd introduce her to ya.
StPatron
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 am

parnold wrote:So with a 20% off coupon you could have gotten it for $71.00?

Is it two cycle?

It is two cycle, so it does require premixed gas/oil at a 50:1 ratio. They wouldn't accept my 20% off coupon in addition to the $89 coupon :(

bigblockbarry wrote:Hey Zach,

HAHA he has a tendency to do that! My coupon had an expiration date of 3/31, so double-check yours. I know some stores will sometimes accept expired coupons, but its the luck of the draw.

Sharon and Gary - I'm glad there are a few others on here that share my frustration sometimes. I've managed to suppress my feelings until recently. :R
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby parnold » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 am

Zach:

The Honda EU2000i uses regular gas, and only costs $940.00. That would have been a much better choice! ;)
parnold
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:30 am

Still have some trim work to do, but I'm definitely ready to go camping in two weeks with the Chesapeake Bay Tearjerkers!! Made my bed with the quilt that my friends fiance made a few months ago. Home sweet home away from home!

:dancing: :banana: :dancing: :banana:

Last edited by absolutsnwbrdr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 am

parnold wrote:Zach:

The Honda EU2000i uses regular gas, and only costs $940.00. That would have been a much better choice! ;)

Dammit Paul way to ruin my moment of zen!! :lol: :lol:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals