Building The Atma Travelear Teardrop

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: Building The Atma Travelear Teardrop - Update 10/29 pg 3

Postby CliffinGA » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Dave its looking great bud and can't wait to see it finished! Hope you will be out camping in it soon!

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Rudyjr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

Dave, I have not been able to log onto the site for a while but I have been following along, all I can say is WOW. Nice job keep up the good work, Jim :applause:
Rudyjr
Teardrop Builder

Postby DMcCam » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 am

Z3R0 wrote:Wow this is extremely impressive. Great job man. I feel like I'm undercutting a lot with my build after seeing this. Awesome build, giving lots of inspiration out!

Thank you very much Z3RO!

CliffinGA wrote:Dave its looking great bud and can't wait to see it finished! Hope you will be out camping in it soon! Cliff :thumbsup:

Hey Cliff buddy, glad to hear from you! It looks like we'll be hitting is hard this coming spring for sure! :thumbsup:

Rudyjr wrote:Dave, I have not been able to log onto the site for a while but I have been following along, all I can say is WOW. Nice job keep up the good work, Jim :applause:

Thank you Jim Sir!!!

With all the winter prep around the house I haven't got very much done on the AT. We did get the first of the interior decorating element installed...the curtains are in!!!

Passenger door curtains from the outside.

Driver's curtains from the inside.

It's likely going to be slow from here on till spring if we get our normal winter weather.

Thank you all for your continued support, it means a lot.

All the Best,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Re: Building The Atma Travelear Teardrop - Update 11/08 pg 3

Postby 225 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Looking good!!
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow98258 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Wow such craftsmanship! :) I hope I can come close to that level of quality when I finally get to building my tear. We are a single income family and barely make ends meet, but I am definately keeping my eye out for building materials in preparation for the build. Very well done on this build thread by the way! :applause:
Shadow98258
Teardrop Inspector

Postby atahoekid » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:57 pm

DMcCam wrote:
It's likely going to be slow from here on till spring if we get our normal winter weather.

The weather so far has been kinda weird. I'm with you. Since I barely finished the Road Foamie and rushed it at that to go camping in early October, I need to put some finishing and corrective touches on it, so like you, I can use some good weather. I'd also like a short winter so I can go camping sooner. I'm headed to the Dam Gathering in May but everything else may be spur of the moment and weather dependent. Keep up your beautiful work... Look forward to seeing you out and about.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 am

225 wrote:Looking good!!

Thank you Sir!!

Shadow98258 wrote:Wow such craftsmanship! :) I hope I can come close to that level of quality when I finally get to building my tear. We are a single income family and barely make ends meet, but I am definately keeping my eye out for building materials in preparation for the build. Very well done on this build thread by the way! :applause:

Thank you very much sir! I'm sure you'll surprise yourself how well you'll do when you get building. :thumbsup: There's so many wonderfully generous people here that are willing to help you, just remember to ask. We had to 'pay as you go' too with our build. I think the slower pace lets you take your time to enjoy the process, do things the best you can. I can't wait to follow your build thread!

atahoekid wrote:The weather so far has been kinda weird. I'm with you. Since I barely finished the Road Foamie and rushed it at that to go camping in early October, I need to put some finishing and corrective touches on it, so like you, I can use some good weather. I'd also like a short winter so I can go camping sooner. I'm headed to the Dam Gathering in May but everything else may be spur of the moment and weather dependent. Keep up your beautiful work... Look forward to seeing you out and about.

You're speaking to the choir there Mel! We are planning on the Dam Gathering as our maiden voyage then lots of short weekend trips all summer long. It will be great to camp with you.

Thanks to all for your support of my build.

All the Best,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm

It really looks great Dave! It's been a fun build to follow... You might also want to consider camping up at Fallen Leaf Lake on the weekend of June 6. There is a group of vintage trailer types going up then, mostly standies, but I know of at least 3 tears going and everyone is welcomed...that's hopefully my maiden voyage for the new build. PM me if interested and I'll let you know what sites we're in. It's a huge campground, but we're kinda off in the north end of it. You too Tahoe Kid! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby webbaldo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 am

I love this build, its like the sistine chapel roof!

Hope you dont mind but I like the aluminium lines on the side. If I have any trim left on my project I could be convinced to repeat them :)
Likes to think he's Norm from New Yankee Workshop

In reality, hes a average DIY'er with a 18x16ft Wooden shed
webbaldo
Teardrop Master

Postby DMcCam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 pm

doug hodder wrote:It really looks great Dave! It's been a fun build to follow... You might also want to consider camping up at Fallen Leaf Lake on the weekend of June 6. There is a group of vintage trailer types going up then, mostly standies, but I know of at least 3 tears going and everyone is welcomed...that's hopefully my maiden voyage for the new build. PM me if interested and I'll let you know what sites we're in. It's a huge campground, but we're kinda off in the north end of it. You too Tahoe Kid! Doug

Thank you very much Sir!!! PM sent!

webbaldo wrote:I love this build, its like the sistine chapel roof! Hope you dont mind but I like the aluminium lines on the side. If I have any trim left on my project I could be convinced to repeat them :)

Hi Webbaldo, Wow, I'm very flattered Sir, but the Sistine Chapel... :shock: If you're talking about the three chrome molding lines in the plans, they're going to be installed near the end of the build. Not a new idea but I think they'll add a that extra deco touch.

Thank you both for checking in,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 am

Not to take away from a great gathering in the sierra, but that weekend is also the new date for twain and tears in unionville this year. So many options!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

nevadatear wrote:Not to take away from a great gathering in the sierra, but that weekend is also the new date for twain and tears in unionville this year. So many options!

:shock: Hi Debbie, Well, heck! There's a little wrinkle in the program! This is going to be tough...

Thanks for the kind reminder good Lady,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby Vedette » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Well Merry Christmas Dave & Lisa
Have been watching you build........VERY NICE JOB!
We have been working along in a parallel time frame. Got to lay down on our matress with doors doors closed on Christmas Eve.
Sandi has had our curtains, linens, comforter, etc, made for months now, with hopes that I would have our TD ready for one fall camping trip. Never happened!
But, we are raring to go for the Spring! And can't wait to personally meet all you nice folks here on the Forum.
We too hope to make the Dam Gathering our first Long Maiden Voyage??? Only thing that might hold us back will be the birth of our third Gradchild Apr. 26/13.
Sandi wants to stay home for a few days after.....so we might get off to a late start.
Maybe someone will save us a spot for "Miss Piggy"?????
Can't wait to meet you guys.
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

There s plenty of room. You most likely double or triple up , everyone does, but there will be a spot. We have not one, but two grandkids coming that week. Gonna be interesting!
Deb
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Vindi_andy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 am

Have just come back to this site after over a year away and gone through your build in one sitting. It is truly amazing. If mine turns out half as good as this I will be pleased.
Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals