A new build?

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: A new build?

Postby Corwin C » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 pm

I've got to agree with you ... keep the foamie in the garage. I don't know if anyone has tested crush resistance yet.

I'm privileged enough to be able to use a new "shovel" this year ...

... and yes, snow is heavy. I've been told that, on average, a truck like this moves 42,000 lbs of snow per mile for every inch of depth. Lets see, at 40 mph with two inches of snow ... that's 32 tons a minute!
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby atahoekid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:31 am

Nope,no room for a garage. We are at maximum coverage for the lot. The CC&R's for the town are pretty restrictive when it comes to the percentage of your lot that can be covered. It is also strictly enforced. :( :(

As far as snow shoveling, I try to do as little of it as possible. Up here you own a snowblower. As high as I live, it's a big snowthrower. It'll take your arm or foot off, if your not careful, so no beer while I'm clearing the driveway. Beside for me clearing the driveway is a first thing in the morning job or we won't be getting to work. Not a good idea to have a brew at 6 am and before I get to work... Actually, the last couple of winters, I've had a snow clearing service for the weekdays. It's worth the money to let someone do that for me and since I'm out of town a lot and my son is off to college, the wife won't have to worry about it. Happy wife, happy life 8) 8)

Corwin, without guys like you clearing the roads, I don't get to work and I wouldn't live where I live. Thanks for keeping the roads clear and safe...
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:01 am

Apologies, but that doesn’t sound like much Fun ... :o :frightened: :roll:

Not to be confusing , I meant building the trailer IN the garage ... not building a new Garage .... :o
Covenants ... seems the more exclusive the neighborhood the more restrictive the rules ... and the few self-appointed fanatics that seem to want to enforce them to the letter go to ridiculous lengths to do so :roll: ... Glad I live in the woods now , where the only rule is look before you walk , lest you step on a wild critter... :frightened: The older I get , the less I like neighbors ...and people in general ... :R
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:31 am

Mel, I'd say your best option is to rent a storage unit and put your own trailer in that for the winter. Then, find a way to add part or all of the storage unit's rental fees onto the sales price of the trailer that you build. Good luck this winter. I moved many years ago to get away from heavy snows...not my favorite thing.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Corwin C » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 am

atahoekid wrote:Corwin, without guys like you clearing the roads, I don't get to work and I wouldn't live where I live. Thanks for keeping the roads clear and safe...

We do our best (as I'm sure the crews in your area do as well) ... always a challenge dealing with Mother Nature. I appreciate the acknowledgement and you're welcome.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby atahoekid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:31 pm

The guys who plow for NDOT (Nevada Dept of Trans) do an amazing job. Unless you're in the middle of a blizzard, they keep 8900' Mount Rose pass open. I travel over that pass to get to the office. Only once in 15 years could I not get to the office due to the pass closing...Amazing!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 pm

The guys who plow for NDOT (Nevada Dept of Trans) do an amazing job. Unless you're in the middle of a blizzard, they keep 8900' Mount Rose pass open. I travel over that pass to get to the office. Only once in 15 years could I not get to the office due to the pass closing...Amazing!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mel

atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Foamies