FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby bonnie » Fri May 30, 2014 7:29 pm

KCStudly wrote:So since she has it now, is the new name of "the little foamy camper" 'Joy'. :lol:

Ohh, good idea. But it will be Nookery. A small snug place. :)
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Verna wrote:Bonnie , that is great!! So much better than having to sleep near the ground and have nosey raccoons messing around the tent!! You'll be ready for next year's CRA !!

It will be. I can hardly wait.
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Fri May 30, 2014 7:36 pm

So, I'm back in Illinois after a rainy trip to New Orleans and back. The Nookery towed really well. Gave two tours. Actually had a guy follow me off the highway to take a picture and ask me about the trailer. :shock: And amazing enough I was able to back it up my steep driveway, where it is resting after our adventure.

The receiver will need some work. I had to take the draw bar off the truck to unhitch it. There was no way the trailer was going anywhere. :lol:
I actually have another receiver that I'm going try. Don't know what exactly the issue is, but I'm not too worried, as the solution will be easy.

659 miles at 10 mph under highway speeds. Still doing the happy dance, too.

I will be out camping soon. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri May 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Oh Thank Goodness !!! Now I can stop praying to Mr. Christopher for your safe journey !!! 8)
Did I tighten the hitch up too much? :roll: Did you remove the locking pin and clip?
So Glad you’re Home !!! :P :dancing :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Shar » Fri May 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Enjoy that little trailer, Bonnie! :woohoo:
Sheryl
If all these people did it, so can I.
My build thread: Hybrid Foamie in Southern Alberta
Shar
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Sat May 31, 2014 6:44 am

Bonnie , it’s a Good thing you came by when you did ... it hasn’t stopped raining since... :rainy: Next project may have to be a Boat ... :roll:

Still feeling a little sad... (the wife is Not) ... could you please send a pic of the trailer in it’s new Home ... ? Something to put on the wall ... "Aah !!! Memories ... we will enjoy them “ :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sat May 31, 2014 7:56 am

GPW wrote:Bonnie , it’s a Good thing you came by when you did ... it hasn’t stopped raining since... :rainy: Next project may have to be a Boat ... :roll:

Still feeling a little sad... (the wife is Not) ... could you please send a pic of the trailer in it’s new Home ... ? Something to put on the wall ... "Aah !!! Memories ... we will enjoy them “ :D

Will do. You know, I was actually kinda sad, too. It was harder than I thought to take your art away from you. I rained very nearly the entire way home too. I will get a picture soon. Promise.
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 am

Congratulations to both of you GPW for making his wife happy and bonnie on her new Nookery. I am wondering Bonnie did you sell the other one? I know it was looking like a big job to finish. Are you going to finish it? Hope you enjoy the new to you trailer and have lots of fun and exciting adventures.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby atahoekid » Sat May 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Good to hear that the trip went well. That's quite a long journey from NOLA. Enjoy the Nookery!!!
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 am

And now , after the fact :roll: .... I never got around to doing the final frame touch up ... :o Some tiny RUST spots had appeared in a few areas , mostly ends of pieces , where the powder coat was accidentally bumped/scraped off ... So the Rustoleum Sunrise red enamel (provided) , with a little wire brushing first , should stop that rust nonsense in it’s tracks ... before it gets out of hand ...
After 3 years outside , aside from turning pink (which I was able to scrub off to some extent) , that little trailer held up pretty darn well ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Jack B. » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:25 pm

I've forgotten how to link this to the other foam thread so make sure you tell all your friends about this.

There's a foam crafting woman on on YouTube who did some work for us by testing many different glues for sticking foam together to compare sticky power. She tried about six different adhesives and found that Gripper was the best and strongest. Watch the video and see what and how she proceeded. If the link doesn't work just do a YouTube search for "Styro Wars_ Styrofoam Glue Tests" and you'll get there.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... Glue+Tests

Jack
Jack B.
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 am

Just a note , the Gripper does not work as well as TB2 for attaching the canvas skin... (tested )
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:24 am

Mary, the other trailer is going to be cut up and some of it repurposed. When the final analysis was done, it would cost much more to finish it out than I was willing or able to put into it. I bought it primarily as a jump start to my own design. So, I will keep what I can and keep going. Part of it may end up a play house for the grand children. 8)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:28 am

atahoekid wrote:Good to hear that the trip went well. That's quite a long journey from NOLA. Enjoy the Nookery!!!

Just over 8 hours driving time. I am finally rested up and working on a door handle and such. I will have so much fun. I can hardly wait to get it out and rolling again.
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:43 am

GPW wrote:And now , after the fact :roll: .... I never got around to doing the final frame touch up ... :o Some tiny RUST spots had appeared in a few areas , mostly ends of pieces , where the powder coat was accidentally bumped/scraped off ... So the Rustoleum Sunrise red enamel (provided) , with a little wire brushing first , should stop that rust nonsense in it’s tracks ... before it gets out of hand ...
After 3 years outside , aside from turning pink (which I was able to scrub off to some extent) , that little trailer held up pretty darn well ... ;)

It's #2 on the to do list. I need a door knob so I can YAMP! Thanks for all the prep work and the paint. I will have it spiffed up very shortly. :worship:
bonnie
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies