FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby bonnie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:51 am

Rent a Gorilla ... 8) Solution of last resort. My neighbor, the one who lent me the sawsall said he would help. :thumbsup:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:58 am

God Bless the neighbors !!! :worship:

Bonnie , you can see in my neighborhood how we’re dependent on the neighbors ... We have a “community” where we Help each other !!! Works out Nice !!! :D
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:17 pm

And today it's raining. ... :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Jack B. » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 am

Ah yes, the two wrench for leverage trick. And the pipe over the wrench handle for leverage trick. Both work, but both also can break wrenches and can leave you sitting in the dirt. Or with bloody knuckles and/or shins. Don't ask. Just be careful, wear heavy gloves, stand a bit to the side and most surely growl. In fact a surly growl is most acceptable. Getting a lot of leverage on it may well twist the end off the bolt you're working on if it's really stuck.

Seriously though, be careful. Know your limits and know the limits of your tools. Since you have the saw, have you tried a metal blade on the ends of the bolts? Bolts are cheap to replace. Or if there's a hand grinder in your (or neighbor's) arsenal that's even better. Anybody working with metal much should make friends with a hand grinder for cutting and touch up grinding. One of the best toys, I mean tools, I ever spent money on. And quite reasonably priced in several different of the big box stores.

Jack
Jack B.
Teardrop Master

Postby GPW » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:12 am

No worries about the rain Bonnie !!! ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 am

as we say at work, "you gotta hold your tongue the right way"....
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:44 am

I laughed out loud rowerwet and Jack B. I am, I'm sure, a headliner in the neighborhood entertainment department. I've been blessed with good neighbors. I'm pushing as hard as I can to get the BUB torn down, because I won't allow myself to work anymore on the Nookery until BUB is done. I can have a thousand projects started, but can only finish one at a time. :lol:

Gonna have to take a day and mow the yard and such. The back yard is making hay again. Rising prices being what they are, I had to canx. my yard service. Mowing really kills my allergies and I have to wear a mask most of the time while mowing.

In an aside, how much weight does your tongue boxes add to your trailers? Is there a ratio to use, other than the 10-15% tongue weight of the entire setup?
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:21 am

Bonnie , you can see/feel how light the tongue weight is on the Nookery’ ;) ... a little box up front would be a good idea for storage and shouldn’t add much weight at all to the tongue weight, depending of course how much heavy stuff you carry in it ... :thinking: And then, the box would give you a degree of FOD damage protection ... :thumbsup:
A Plastic box would probably be the Lightest , and easily replaceable (thrifty) ... :D
If it tows as you like it, I’d try to maintain that ratio , easy by just shifting the gear around...
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Just had to share. :(

121147 and 121148

So, I've reclaimed my driveway. Neighbor helped. I carted pieces to the bagster as he cut them. He's much better at demo than I am.

Next up. Nookery travel :pictures:

121149 and 121150 I had to back up to pull out. Not very good at that.

Nookery and Foamstream:

Now I can decorate! :beautiful:
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:33 pm

:thumbsup:
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:26 am

Well, truckers can’t blame you for taking up too much space :D ... Great pics Bonnie !!! Not much to that Bub frame huh ??? :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 am

It takes a while to get good at backing. Here's the tip that helped me. Put your hand at he bottom of the steering wheel. Move your hand in the direction you want the rear of the trailer to move. It helped me. I still use that tip to help me back up. BTW, the shorter the trailer, the harder it is to back up in a straight line.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:04 am

That’s a good trick , have to try that .. 8)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:50 am

atahoekid wrote:It takes a while to get good at backing. Here's the tip that helped me. Put your hand at he bottom of the steering wheel. Move your hand in the direction you want the rear of the trailer to move. It helped me. I still use that tip to help me back up. BTW, the shorter the trailer, the harder it is to back up in a straight line.

That is very true. I learned this years ago, but it you don't practice it often ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having a great weekend here. Hope everyone else is too.

Bonnie
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Ned B » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:37 am

I hauled my 5th wheel for three years using that method... another good method is to 'steer towards trouble'... which my instructors taught when I got my CDL. They meant turn the Top of the wheel towards the 'problem' in your mirror, which will turn the trailer away from the problem.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies