Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 am

i saw a tear drop on the main threads that i really love the inside. i plan now to remodel my insides this year. i just got to get past next week and the holidays.
so i expect some things to happen after tax season again.
we have another tearjerkers gathing in oct, that will be the 7th time out for my foamie. but that is the group of folks that built mine. i would love to convince them to help me with the insides in the spring.

but once that last trip is done, i plan to remove that mattress, cover the floor, and finish up the covering for the walls. then i want to have a slide out table from where my bunk bed/counter top is. but i want it to slide to the inside of the tear. so you can eat or drink in their if there is bad weather outside.
then i am thinking about cutting my mattress into 3rds. the middle piece can be used as a back rest so we can sort of sit inside. just put the middle piece down when its time to sleep.

not sure if you can picture that. but i got the idea from another thread on the main stuff, i think its the post where they spend 2 weeks in misourri? i can find the thread and post a link if you want to see what i am talking about.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 am

oh and is there anything i should do for the winter with these foamies? the only thing i can think of is to continue the tarping and just park it.

i am so afraid of mice getting into it thru out the winter. and i do NOT want them to chew up the mattress.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am

Eagle , around here we leave a small wattage incandescent light bulb burning inside to keep the moisture out and prevent mold ... 20watt in a Foamie should be plenty ... sealed up and all ... :thinking:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks, it certaintly can't hurt. :thumbsup:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 am

Just FYI , the wife and I both developed an allergy to the fine powder the dryer sheets emit ... Had to give up on those ... :o
Living in the woods , I trap the schmouseys' (catch and release) and let them go , far from the house , where the Snakes, Hawks and Owls can have a tasty snack ... All natural right !!! :o
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:04 am

well that changes everything then. i am with gpw about the bounce. allergic reactions. although i have heard of that with bounce and tried it around my house, but it did not work.
now that other suggestion, do you really think that would work? it seems natural enough, especially for hubby. i don't think he would have a problem with that on friday and saturday nights. :lol:
would this be a reapply as needed? but is this safe on tires? i doubt 1 application would work?
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 am

Well, we know that “marking the territoryâ€
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 am

Another thing for Hubby on the "To do" list ... :lol:

Something about that .... out here in the forest , most guys that come over seem to love finding a tree although I have 3 bathrooms readily available ... It’s like they’re 8 years old again ... weeeeeee !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (apparently some type of Instinctive territorial behavior practiced by our distant ancestors ) :thinking:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:48 am

GPW wrote:Another thing for Hubby on the "To do" list ... :lol:

Something about that .... out here in the forest , most guys that come over seem to love finding a tree although I have 3 bathrooms readily available ... It’s like they’re 8 years old again ... weeeeeee !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (apparently some type of Instinctive territorial behavior practiced by our distant ancestors ) :thinking:

:lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby droid_ca » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 am

sounds like another test is on the way.....wonder how many will participate in this one??
8) :beer: :wine party: :icedtea: :picklejuice: :beerhat: :cheerswine: :wine: :tipsy: :coffee:
There is a world, just beyond now,
where reality runs a razor thin seam between fact and possibility;

Anywhere I roam where I lay my head is home....
“Fide Canem”
Please check out my build thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=52816
droid_ca
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 am

I’ll drink to that !! 8) :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby pete42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

when I stored my trailer either in a barn or my back garage I would tape plastic coffee lids to the tongue and place some in front and back of the tires all filled with decon never had any sign of mice in the trailer we had it for 20 years.
did the same with my travel trailers.

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GPW » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Pete , that sure would work , but probably only get in the food chain around here ... Then there goes the wildlife I enjoy so much ... Trying to let nature do it's thing ... ;)
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:56 pm

droid_ca wrote:sounds like another test is on the way.....wonder how many will participate in this one??
8) :beer: :wine party: :icedtea: :picklejuice: :beerhat: :cheerswine: :wine: :tipsy: :coffee:

Seeing as how "she who must be obeyed" takes a dim view of such activity, I will not be participating in this wholly scientific experiment :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have been told however that this also works for keeping the deer out of the flower garden. But again, no actual testing has occurred on my property. At least as far as I telling :lol: :o :MLAS :shhh:
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 am

well i told 'he who must oby me' about this and has no problem with the experiement. i mean its for the good of the community.
so we still have 1 last trip to make in oct. then i will be working on putting it up. then 'he who must obey me' will do his thng. :lol:

while i like the thought of the decon, i just can't have that around here either, too many wanna keep critters as well as too many kids.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies