FoamStream...

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: FoamStream...

Postby GPW » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:57 am

pics...
Attachments
DSCF0026.JPG
DSCF0026.JPG (187.13 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
DSCF0051.JPG
DSCF0051.JPG (239.76 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
DSCF0022.JPG
DSCF0022.JPG (172.66 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Oct First , pretty much the Hurricane season’s done . :P Now we can relax a bit and think of other things I'd like to do to the FS...
Replace the rusty springs and add a block to raise it up an inch , although the test cruise had no problems ... Make a nice small partition and curtain for the potty ... add a mirror and small light for shaving. Maybe another little fold out table and small bowl to act as a rudimentary bathroom sink . And add an antenna for TV... Just a small one for the free channels ... news, weather , and how bad the Saints are doing :duh:
And wire the electrical system for a simple solar panel to run ventilation and simple lighting... all wired in the Mini Galley rear wall area ...
And that’s without asking the wife what she wants... ( I dare not !!!) :roll: :frightened:

Having learned the Lesson of NOT to build in the Heat of the summer :sweaty: ... We must take advantage of these “comfortable" days to get all this done .... or started at least ... :thinking:

Ps. I even found some plastic edge moulding to go over the plywood edges of the ribs for a more finished look ... I don’t want to get too silly , just a few nice things , and still with the idea of keeping it Light in mind ... after getting it up to speed on the highway , I don’t want to change the towing characteristics... :D
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 am

Today’s pics .... First thing is to give the FS a good cleaning ... Been a wet season , parked under the overgrown Crepe Myrtle tree... mold and mildew have taken hold. :frightened:
Plus my all steel cargo trailer is sinking away ... (plus Filthy) :duh: Fall Cleaning due and soon too ... :roll: Always something to do ... :o
Attachments
FS&ASCT.JPG
FS&ASCT.JPG (185.1 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
FSmold.JPG
FSmold.JPG (249.16 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
ASCT.JPG
ASCT.JPG (244.54 KiB) Viewed 1591 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:33 pm

My My I do feel your pain. I just sprayed mine with my little water soap and Clorox bottle. I didn't have as much as you but there was some just where I was glueing some canvas and I wanted, to kill it before glueing. I see you have a lot of the black stuff. I find after spraying after it dries there can be a residue left on the surface. Normally I scrub the area off with soapy water and rinse but it is work none the less. I see your sinking trailer may take a little pull to get it out or maybe a big pull. hope you take pictures of the pull. If I was there I'd help.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah, if the tires have sunk into the dirt and it has dried around them, you will probably want to dig around them a little with a garden trowel or small spade before trying to yank it out of the hole.

Hard to tell from the pics, but if they are just settled into a depression, or the ground is still soaking wet, then maybe not such a big deal. In fact, if 'in you don't feel much like digging, and the ground is loose enough, you might just get away with soaking the ground with a garden hose to loosen it up before yanking. :thinking: Just thinking (typing) "out loud".
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Olddog1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Might be a good idea to take all that stored beer out of the trailer before trying to move it. :beer:
Olddog1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:53 am

Not really worried about the mold on the FS m, Spic n‘ Span cleans it well with no trouble ... But I really shouldn’t have parked it so close to that tree (CM) :duh: That tree ... planted it from a tiny twig , now it’s out of hand :frightened: .... pretty , but don’t park anything underneath it for a while ... whatever falls off of it sticks and holds moisture causing a mess , as you can see... We’ve got a brush on a stick, and a pail , so while the weather is good I need to get out there and give it a good wash ...
The inside is basically untouched , No leaks , no problems ... everything just the same as before ... :thumbsup:
The ground around around here, we call Gumbo Mud ... When it’s dry it cracks , when wet it gets mushy... and things sink :o ... for example , the boat wheel sunk halfway on one side and then proceeded to rot right away, the half that was in the wet mud ... gone ... :o I may (or may not) find the same thing when I go to drag the ASCT (all steel cargo trailer) out ... We made a nice space for it under the shed , and since I tried to sell it for so long with no luck , am making it into a storage room for my Fine wood and special tools.. It’s already outside (handy) , and the idea is to eventually turn the shed into a simple wood-shop :thinking: .... a place where I can make a mess and not spend a month cleaning it up...
The idea is to move the FS out of the way (and not under a tree) , then hook the pickup truck to the ASCT ... see if it rolls ... :roll: (fingers crossed)

...here’s a pic of the boat ... you can see the half wheel , tire popped off half rim ... :NC
Ps. Notice the boat is parked under the other Crepe Myrtle ... :oops: You think I’d learn by now ... :duh:
Attachments
Boat.JPG
Boat.JPG (192.36 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:04 am

OD, since the Hurricane season is over (touch wood) ... the ballast got used up at several band nights ... :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:11 pm

I suppose a few well placed patio pavers would just sink, too?
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Oddly enough , anything that spreads out the load doesn’t sink ... as much ... :frightened: :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Well today was the day for Baby’s First bath .... :o Pulled the FoamStream out , got a bucket with some SN’S and water, and my brush on a stick and started scrubbing ... No problems , everything came nicely clean again without any trouble .... there are a couple of stubborn spots , like where a mud dauber made a nest . have to soak and really scrub that .... but later ... Went quick and the wife helped by holding the hose ... After that I pulled it down the driveway and proceeded to hook up the ASCT (all steel cargo trailer) ... Gave it a little pull .... Nothing .... wouldn’t budge ... so i dug out from in front of the tires , that’s where I saw the tire on one side was flat , so went to get the compressor , filled that one up ... tried again .... Nothing (tire spinning , loosing traction) :thumbdown: Then discovered the other tire was flat also ( both flats hidden in the mud) , and tried to pump it up but had a leak around the rim (tubeless) . Made a lever of a rock and 4X4 and lifted the tire out of the mud enough for it to un-distort :duh: ... And I was able to fill it with air , and it finally pulled free.... Jocky’d that in front of the shed , moved the FS back into its place ... under the tree again , in the Fall ... :duh: :roll: :lol: The wife wanted to wash the ASCT too, but I told her to just leave everything out and we’ll wash it this evening ... ;) (after my Nap) ...
Attachments
DSCF0097.JPG
DSCF0097.JPG (168.71 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
DSCF0096.JPG
DSCF0096.JPG (185.26 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
DSCF0101.JPG
DSCF0101.JPG (183.59 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Oh yeah ... the wife filled in the ruts left by the above process ^ ... Just had to take a picture of that too ... I thought it made a nice picture .... May have to do a painting of that ... :thinking:

Ps. And this time i didn’t park the FS that close to the tree again ... ;)
Attachments
DSCF0099.JPG
DSCF0099.JPG (170.6 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby bonnie » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Glad it worked out. Looking good, that Foamstream. :)
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks Bonnie !!!! .... at least we both now know this paint washes OK !!! :thumbsup: How are you doing ??? :D Did you get to camp ?
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Doesn't SN'S have an abrasive quality to it? I know it is fine, but I think it has pumice or some fine abrasive. Might dull the paint with repeated use, no? :thinking:
KC

Poet Creek Or Bust
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies