Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Thrifty Alternatives ... Building Foam TDs

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:50 am

Around here there are re-cycle stores , recycled everything ... (Great deals on Paint , whatever color they have ) ,and there’s a Habitat for Humanity resale store , where companies donate to ... different stuff all the time ,very reasonable (cheap) ...
All you have to do is hook up with one of those Radical GREEN activists , and they can steer you to more recycling than you’d ever imagine ... a lifestyle for some people ( all how we choose to amuse ourselves eh ? ) Believe this or not , some people would be Glad to get rid of things we could use ... ( FREEBIE) Remember that’s how I got the Foam for my Foamie' ... 8)
Eagle , you live in one of the most highly populated parts of the country (world) , I’m sure there’s some MAJOR Recycling going on near you ... You just have to find it , like a Quest!!!
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:56 am

GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 am

but i don't live in those areas. we are very rural. you all have to remember i live on the eastern shore, nothing is around here. this is pretty much just farmland. we don't even have apartment buildings here. a walmart just opened up about 35 mins down the road only last year. we just recently (a few years now) have a grocery store with in reasonable distance. prior to this we had to go to the next state to shop at walmart. the next best is to drive an hour up the road for major areas.

but i'll still check around.
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 am

wahoo! i found one about an hour up the road. i know it shouldn't be hard to talk the old man into going up there.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 am

“ Seek and ye shall find ! “ :thumbsup:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

that one you posted is way too far away, but it has cool stuff there. the one near me, doesn't look as promising. but it might be worth a ride up anyways. i do see a double oven for sale. would love to have that in my house. :lol:
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby allan1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

pete42 wrote:I too get the save option I'm using IE-9 wonder if that's the problem?

anyone heard from Allan or Allen I forget how he spelled his name, hope he didn't electrocute himself with that train transformer
just lurking right now. Have been collecting stuff to make a hotwire table and I'm sill goofing with various wire combinations. We're dealing with multiple layoffs right now and I've been reassigned 3 times in the past 15 days. No enthusiasm to play in the sandbox with the other kids.
allan1
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Looks like folks all around the world are paying attention! Even though not foam, he is using canvas! viewtopic.php?f=50&t=49179&p=916581#p916581

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby pete42 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Allan I went through that
very hard on the nerves my uncle told me "just try to roll with the flow" made me see the light
still hard but look at the big picture a job now is something to Cherish.
now that we all know we will be thinking of you and your family.

pete
pete42
Super Lifetime Member

Postby allan1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:00 pm

pete42 wrote:Allan I went through that
very hard on the nerves my uncle told me "just try to roll with the flow" made me see the light
still hard but look at the big picture a job now is something to Cherish.
now that we all know we will be thinking of you and your family.

pete
Thanks. No worries about layoff or finding another one if I had to as my skill set has a demand and, as my mum used to say, 'enjoy yourself, your still on the right side of the grass'. The problem is that part of what I do involves providing support or mentoring others in the organization who are going through similar. At the end of a day I feel exhausted by the amount of paying attention and conversation / problem solving / keeping them focused that I have to do with folks and the accompanying emotions they have. Thank goodness there are 3 tail wagging dogs at the door when I get home and a wife who hasn't yet noticed that I took the side rails from some cabinets to use in my hot wire table. Soon I shall be buying wood and foam to start building as the weather is warming up. I have almost everything worked out in my head and I just have to watch out for my habit of changing the plans as I build.
allan1
Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

i had to unplug the light this morning. he was driving me crazy! :x
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:06 am

Mike , it looks like canvas , but it doesn’t on the edges ??? I’d think (as the old timers knew) canvas over the edges would wrap and seal everything , preventing any problems later ... Odd he didn’t do that ???
Pete/Allan , Yes ENJOY it while you can ... :thumbsup:

Eagle ... That’ll work !!! Till he finds something else to do ... :shock: :lol:
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 am

i don't think their is canvas either. but he used the same door latches as the ones i have.
Louella
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am

Around here , it’s make something outta’ what you got !!! 88500 Getting Silly now ... :R
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 am

eaglesdare wrote:good morning foamlings! :banana:
btw: simba has the lights on routine down for sure now. 451am this morning. he has learned. he has done this for about 4 or 5 days now in a row. oh well, i guess we'll just learn to live with it. :D

Try this trick... worked on my wife's dumba$$ poodle who used to bark at every dog that walked down the street. Take an empty coke can, drop a few pennies in it, tape up the opening. When the poodle starts barking, just toss the can in the general direction of the dog and the noise startles him and gets him to stop. Now only a quick shake of the can gets him to the stop. Works on all kinds of unwanted behavior
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies