Thrifty Alternatives ..Building Foam Campers

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: Thrifty Alternatives ... Building Foam TDs

Postby Mary C » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 pm

:lol: :applause: :wine: :woohoo: :banana:

Congratulations! I am so glad you got through it, I know you have learned a lot, do you think it was worth it? I have reread parts and learned a great deal more. You now have a place in the foamie family.

MaryC.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GoTurtleGo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you, Eagle! I loved reading about your build in here - via GPW's verbal instructions. It was hysterical and wonderful. You were crazy brave!

Mary C - I learned so much. Like you, I took copious notes so that I know where to reread when the time comes. Yes, it was well worth it. Plus it was highly entertaining, kind of like a novel with interesting technical information. I like the dancing banana!

Cheerio.
GoTurtleGo
GoTurtleGo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Shar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Congratulations, Goturtle! I knew you could do it! My husband watched with puzzled amusement last winter, as I became totally obsessed with reading through that thread- and now you know why. Welcome to the foamlings!
:dancing

BTW my surgery went well and I am resting happily at home. No lifting for 2 weeks, so I'm just ordering everyone else around. :D
Sheryl
If all these people did it, so can I.
My build thread: Hybrid Foamie in Southern Alberta
Shar
Teardrop Master

Postby bonnie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Glad you are on the mend! :thumbsup:
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby Olddog1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 am

Congratulations GoTurtle. It is an massive read but a great source of info on foamy construction.
Olddog1
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tac422 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Congratulations !!
Go Turtle Go !! :applause:

Sorry... couldn't resist :D
Last edited by tac422 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tac422
500 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Sheryl, glad you made it thru surgery , I have been praying. I hope you heal quickly.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bonnie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 am

Kathleen, good for you. It is a wonderful thread.
Remember, the turtle won. :)
bonnie
Donating Member

Postby GPW » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Sheryl , Glad to hear you’re OK 8) .... The wife had surgery a while back , and liked the idea of ordering everybody around so much , she kept on doing it ... I still suffer from that condition ... :o :roll: :duh:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Shar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:31 pm

The taste of power, huh GPW? :lol:

Mary C., thanks for your prayers!

And Tac, you are funny!

Thanks for all the good wishes, I am mending quickly. Soon I will be back to figuring out the tire issues on my trailer. The guy at the company that sold it to me said that there might be "too much play in the bearings". It looks like there will always be something more to learn about! ;)
Sheryl
If all these people did it, so can I.
My build thread: Hybrid Foamie in Southern Alberta
Shar
Teardrop Master

Postby GoTurtleGo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for celebrating with me. Now when I read "normal" threads I'm struck by how dry they are.

Sheryl, I am so glad that surgery went well. I hope it heals swiftly, but meanwhile enjoy the rest. Yes, my husband looks at me with fond amusement quite often too though he claims it ain't so.

Bonnie, I live across the Big Muddy from you, pretty close to the big silver swoop. Nice to have such a close foamie neighbor! I was so happy to see that you bought GPW's First Foamie. Before I read that on the FoamStream Thread I was puzzled by why yours looked so much like his. Now I have discovered that they both apparently match his house...

Tac I think I need to find a slower animal as my inspiration, but Go Sloth Go seems to involve one of the seven deadly sins somehow... But you can keep hollering, please.

Mary C I love reading your thread. I like to see how a woman's mind tackles these problems and finds solutions. Great fun.

Thanks, Old Dog!
GoTurtleGo
GoTurtleGo
Teardrop Advisor

Postby atahoekid » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:42 am

I've been gone for a while and just catching up on about a month and a half of reading posts. Shar, glad to see your first road trip was a success!!! Go Turtle Go. welcome to the fun!!! I've got no business travel until the end of September so I plan on catching up on all things Foamie!!! And thanks to Mary C., I'm in a much better state of mind.
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby GPW » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:18 am

We’ve really become a Foam FAMILY !! If everybody else got along so well trying to help each other , the world would be a much better place ... :D 8) :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby steveonzakon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:34 pm

If there was money and power to be had, it would not take long for us to get corrupted :lol:
Campers are for sleeping in, almost everything else should happen outside.
steveonzakon
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mary C » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 am

Hey everyone I know that I have not been on here a lot but a lot has happened over the past four weeks. I will try to catch you up on the events, first my daughter-in-laws grandmother passed away 99 years old. My son sent me a ticket to fly to Houston, then the next weekend their Katrina rescue dog of 14 years of age passed away. Then I got a dreaded call that burgulars had broken into my home that night my daughter-in-laws breathing got really bad so we spent the night in the hospital staying all day till surgery to remove fluid and put in a tube, we went back to the house for some needed sleep and flew home the next day. When I got home I have been cleaning and cleaning and straightning . Every room was trashed. I am just glad they stole that stupid dangerous drill! They didn't get any of my teardrop camping gear. They did get a couple of clamps and my yellow tool bag with a few old screwdrivers and other hand tools. I probably have a week more of cleaning but find my brakes to work on my teardrop shelves have helped to keep my sanity. It has been difficult, with no computer and one television and just my little pad, but I have my hobbie, I will survive.

Mary C.

One more thing the intruders stole my car too!
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies