Grits,more work getting done

Canvas covered foamies (Thrifty Alternatives...)

Moderator: eaglesdare

Re: OK, here goes: Grits

Postby couponjnp » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Ribs look like a very good idea to define any structural shape ( and more hard points for things as well :) ). I like your method as I can use same for my build ribs soon too. :thumbsup:

JNP
couponjnp
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Mary C » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am

It took over a half of sheet of board to cut the ribs but it was free......out of the big dump trailers where they put the old used boards, used under roofing. I got a few since my son worked for the company that had the dump trailers. Some had been out in the weather for a few days but free is free. they looked so horrible with a grit on one side and marks and cuts and pieces cut off and not to the perfect size but oh well free is free. I coated the ribs in TBII and then Coated them again. I coated the trailer, made with the same sheets of press board , chip board or what ever it's called and I looked at the difference and was impressed with the roofing cool seal , it did finally dry and it really did coat and seal you can see the difference. I can't afford another gallon of the stuff just for the ribs .

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:16 am

I forgot to show these, When I started to paint the cool seal I had to find a way to get more room under the trailer so this is my only way i had to do it.

I crawled under to paint I was filthy covered with red mud dust and my neck is still hurting although I did pop my neck in the right way to relieve some pressure and minor pain in my shoulder.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 am

I tried to use up the wood I was given so what I did was to put in the wood I wanted for hard points. I I used 1x4s and made these , my thought is that I will be traveling out west in a couple of years and "living in it for 6 to 12 weeks and I wanted the hard points and to have super strength in heavy winds and heavy useage with the hatch so I wanted strength at certain points because of twisting and holding up so I made these ................... I will explain the pipes later. 108790

heavy wind, dark clouds and thunder gotta go .

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am

Hey Mary..... Wanted you to know I spent a few minutes getting caught up on your build progress.

Almost looks like you know what you are doin' :rofl:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 pm

After all the reading you did you should know what you're doing and I think you do! :thumbsup:
You're one smart cookie!
Is the PVC pipe what you are using for conduit, to run your electrical wires in?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I took today off I had to go to Big Lots they had a 10x10 on sale for $59.00 I know it probably will last three of four camping trips maybe more but hopefully it will last till next year.

Sharon, I will tell later I promise just keep watching I have 18 days to get this built so I am having some whirlwind work, take pictures then to the computer then sleep then work again. I will do it for CRA.

Bob henry I said a long time ago I had some idea of what I was doing , not much, but a little.

I cant put any canvas on till after Monday. so I will work on window casing tomorrow. I got a new toy and I have to drimmel a straight line tomorrow..I am off to getting a good nights sleep tonight , Busy tomorrow.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:14 pm

No use making a big deal of this ... I've always felt the Ladies have a distinct advantage , because of being "'Crafters" .... No Worries , this is just BIG crafting !!!!! Mary, you're doing Super !!! 8)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:18 am

I think you're doing a fine job. Many people of both genders would be afraid to even try. You get a thumbs up from me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It has to do with a belief in self and an imaginative mind. You obviously possess both. You go, Girl
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:24 am

I have been working very hard to get some done but with the rain and rain it is hard to get a lot done I will be putting up some :pictures: tonight. I have decided that I will use this build for the the big camp outs and build #2 on a different scale. This one has turned out huge, much bigger than I really want for me. So I will build another one. with a different frame and axle. I am so glad that I have had the experience of building this one. I must have the building tiny trailer bug :o I am thinking :thinking: and talking about what I plan to build next......... :roll: and I haven't even finished building this one.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby GPW » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Mary, it’s an addiction.... :o Resistance is futile !!! Image
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby atahoekid » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:33 pm

I know exactly what you mean... I feel the same way. My problem is that I really don't have the space for another project to work on :( :( :( . I'm thinking of a foamie fifth wheel or maybe a vintage storage restoration. The addiction is real :shock: 8) :o
Mel

"Believe in your abilities... Remember amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic"

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" Jimmy Buffet

The Road Foamie Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=45698
atahoekid
Platinum Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Mary are going to have it done by CRA?

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:13 am

Cliff, I don't know :roll: I am out west of Atlanta and it is so wet out here I don't know if the glue will dry in time, I will be putting the hatch on today and the roof and there will be lots of glue to dry in the next three days. I will be putting on the canvas by next weekend then it is will it DRY??????? if I can get that far the next will be some finishing touches, Cover for the hatch Hinge then Hang the doors and Put the locks in. The doors are finally ready for canvas, I have no windows so I will put on a temporary Window, put up a piece of plexie. If it will stop :rainy: I will be able to have it ready. I am working at it.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:37 pm

:worship: I'll say a prayer for good weather for your trailer, Mary. ...Wish I could see your trailer in person...Maybe next year.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Foamies