fenders

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

fenders

Postby bigmcgiv » Fri May 20, 2005 9:30 pm

looking for fender options. and need some help . also something that are retro and stell or fibergllass dont matter, tks matt :thumbsup:
bigmcgiv
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bigmcgiv » Fri May 20, 2005 9:38 pm

i meant steel or fiberglass. sry typos :roll:
bigmcgiv
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Fri May 20, 2005 11:34 pm

I got the reproduction Kit fenders with the inside flange from RW Johnson, he has originals and fat ones. I got the wider ones, I just primed them tonight and will shoot them with black and clear coat tomorrow. I think they are a good quality fiberglass fender, not cheap however, but you can't beat the look. Check my album for the look. Doug Hodder 8)
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby madjack » Sat May 21, 2005 1:18 am

doug hodder wrote:I got the reproduction Kit fenders with the inside flange from RW Johnson, he has originals and fat ones. I got the wider ones, I just primed them tonight and will shoot them with black and clear coat tomorrow. I think they are a good quality fiberglass fender, not cheap however, but you can't beat the look. Check my album for the look. Doug Hodder 8)

...I am using the same fenders from RW www.teardroptrailers.net
madjack 8)
Last edited by madjack on Sat May 21, 2005 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Sat May 21, 2005 1:48 am

doug hodder wrote:I got the reproduction Kit fenders with the inside flange from RW Johnson, he has originals and fat ones. I got the wider ones, I just primed them tonight and will shoot them with black and clear coat tomorrow. I think they are a good quality fiberglass fender, not cheap however, but you can't beat the look. Check my album for the look. Doug Hodder 8)

I don't know about that. I think my fenders look pretty good. 1937 chevy truck fenders from Superior Glass Works.
bad pic, oh well......
Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sat May 21, 2005 2:02 am

Here's a "before" photo of my original steel fenders.
I'll post the "after" photo when I get them back from the body shop next week.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Sat May 21, 2005 3:45 am

Speaking of fenders...
Has anyone ever pulled off a fender along these lines, or is this just too far out of the box?
I was thinking that the fender could have a separate compartment on the wing area to make a storage compartment.

Postby AmyH » Sat May 21, 2005 11:15 am

I am actually going to try making my own fiberglass fenders. I decided to widen the tear to 5', which will leave only 5" of the tire exposed on each side. Since I can not find a fender that will work in this situation, I have decided to learn how to make them. I will have fiberglass and epoxy around for the sides of the tear anyhow, so it works out pretty well for me.

BTW Dean, I like that fender, it is very original!! :thumbsup:

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Guest » Sat May 21, 2005 11:23 am

I like that shape, but I think it's a bit on the bulky side... might be percieved as a bit gaudy... I'll have plenty of time for refinement.
I was lookin'-n-thinkin' of ways to get function out of the design and came up with this.. The sides could pivot up into a table maybe...

Postby Gage » Sat May 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I like that shape, but I think it's a bit on the bulky side... might be percieved as a bit gaudy... I'll have plenty of time for refinement.
I was lookin'-n-thinkin' of ways to get function out of the design and came up with this.. The sides could pivot up into a table maybe...

The word is not GAUDY. It's DECO. But keep them flat, don't try and round them. :thumbsup:

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bigmcgiv » Sat May 21, 2005 10:10 pm

hey has anyone used rear fenders or legend race car rear fenders ? tks matt :thumbsup: :thinking:
bigmcgiv
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Sun May 22, 2005 9:50 am

Gage........I was wrong, the look can be beat....I especially like the deco unit. There's always another tear in the back of my mind that maybe I can do something else with. Doug Hodder
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Georgeandpat » Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 am

Gage, I think you helped me out with this information before. As you can see, I'm using the idea myself. George. :thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/ ... ender1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/ ... ender2.jpg
Georgeandpat
Teardrop Master

Cut a Tandem Trailer Fender and tilt it

Postby JScheuermann » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:57 pm

We came up with this plan while shopping for fenders and trying to keep our budget as LOW as possible.

Use a tandem trailer fender and cut away the back wheel opening along the curve flaring out the new back.

Tilt it and whaaa laaaaa - a teardrop fender!

We will be adding a skirt to cover 1/3 of the wheel, it won't be cut flat but will curve around the rims

[img]http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=1630[[/img]
John Scheuermann
JScheuermann
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:09 am

JScheuermann - I've been doing that for years. I usually use the fenders without the drop in them. Cut them in half and you have two fenders for less than $25, and so far I haven't had anyone realize that that is what I did, they all want to know where I got those fenders. It works out great and gives you a different look from the usual. I plan to do it on my TD also, only with a little cosmetic surgery similar to what you have planned.
Lookin' good, R.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Next

Return to General Discussion